If 2023 had a one-word title, what would it be?

Rajesh Bhimani
28 replies
Let's explore the year's essence together by exchanging our thoughts about #2023InOneWord! 🌟 Mine: Momentum To achieve great things, maintaining positive momentum is a must!

Replies

Zhao Naomi
My word of 2023 will be: Challenge
Jacob Choi
Mine would be "impossible". In almost every sector, we saw achievement and action that had us blinking in disbelief. Of course though, the revolution of chatGPT was the cherry on top. Three years ago at the beginning of COVID, I would have never seen myself launching a product at the end of 2023 (next week). I am entirely thankful for support and opportunities that have made everything seem possible. ☺️ -- BTW thank you Rajesh for such a fun prompt! Gotta make time to reflect on the journey.
Rajesh Bhimani
@jacob_boston Absolutely, Jacob! 'Impossible' turned into 'possible' – what a journey! Your reflections resonate, and here's to more possibilities and achievements in the coming year. Cheers to the journey ahead! 🌟
Latham Ryan
Absolutely agree! πŸš€ My word for 2023: Innovation. Looking forward to exchanging thoughts and embracing a year filled with positive momentum and innovation!
Rajesh Bhimani
@latham_ryan Absolutely, Ryan! Innovation indeed propels us forward. Eager to share insights and ride the wave of positive momentum together in 2023! ✨
sourabh
Resilience - It reflects the strength and adaptability we’ve all shown in the face of constant changes and challenges
Bayazid Malikov
I have a question. How did you get a featured discussion? did you do something for it or it is the algorithm?
Rajesh Bhimani
@bayazid_malikov Hi there! featured discussions often happen organically when the community finds the topic interesting and engaging. No special steps, just sharing thoughts! What's your take on 2023 in one word?
Chen Wang
Roller coaster
Philipp Geppert
As a German it is clearly: SondervermΓΆgen (Special Fund / Asset) It is a new word to make debt, while not calling it debt, invented by politicians...
Colleen Barry
GenerativeAI, of course!
Vijay Anand
Mine: Emergence Many new innovations emerged that were never imagined before. I look forward to 2024 with great enthusiasm.
Rajesh Bhimani
@vijay_anand_s Agreeing! I look forward to 2024 being an exciting year full of inventions and accomplishments!
Rajesh Bhimani
@nishkarsh_srivastava I totally agree, Nishkarsh! "Speedy" perfectly encapsulates the essence of 2023!
Emilie
I've been thinking about it since the day you posted, and I think my word is STRUGGLE, I feel a lot of compassion for all the workers in this late-stage capitalism era, but also for the populations under attack by abusive states, which isn't surprising given our era; seeking for permanent growth in a finite world (which is the ideology of the cancer cell btw) can only lead to conflicts.
Rajesh Bhimani
@emnificent Insightful choice, Emilie. Your perspective on the challenges of late-stage capitalism and its impact on workers and vulnerable populations is thought-provoking and resonates with the complexities of our time. Let's hope for positive changes in the times ahead. 🌍✨
Emilie
@rajesh_bhimani Thank you! Indeed, the current times may not be all bright (we do see some great things occasionally, it's not all gloomy), but I always remain hopeful for a better future, that's what we should all strive for, not giving up is essential!
Rajesh Bhimani
@prakhar_tandon_1 Understandably a significant concern, Prakhar. If you're comfortable sharing, is there a particular industry or context you see this impacting more in 2023? πŸ€”