Idea validation: a tool to create custom display fields which can be populated with API responses

I'm currently exploring the following idea: a tool as easy to use as a traditional form builder (think Typeform, Tally, etc.) which would enable non coders to create one or multiple custom field(s) (text, multimedia (image, video, sound), charts, tables,...) to display the data returned by an API call, simply by picking the keys identified (by the tool) in the JSON response and assigning them to the display fields. This tool would also give you the possibility to create data capture fields (as with any traditional form builder) to send a structured query to the API (e.g. capture the prompt to send to GPT-3) So concretely you would be able to create 2 types of fields: - data capture fields (to build the query to call the API), one or multiple fields (incl. sliders, etc.) - display fields (to display the structured data returned by the API in JSON format) My intention would be to gradually integrate a selection of popular APIs, from large providers and indie developers. I would also integrate new APIs based on user requests. The tool would support out of the box standard API connections with Airtable, Notion and Google Sheets (to query data from your own DBs). We would also support RapidAPI and APIFY connections. The promise: enable anyone to quickly build a web app leveraging any API. Examples: - an app connected to one of the multiple SEO APIs (for keyword research, traffic estimates, etc.) - an app connected to GPT-3 - an app connected to a single purpose API (weather, traffic,...) to quickly build an embeddable widget for your own site or as a tool offered to other webmasters - an app built on top of a Google Sheet, Airtable or Notion DB. - a Text To Speech application connected to Amazon Polly, Google Cloud or MSFT Cognitive Services 👉 What do you think about this idea?

Replies

Imran Khan
On Syncy you can find your target users and book calls with them to validate your idea and business.
Frédérick Tubiermont
PS: today if you want to display data from an API JSON response, that's the type of tutorial you have to digest 😱 https://medium.com/geekculture/c...
Kasem SM
Are you working on this?