I went from 200 to 9,000+ newsletter subscribers in 12 months. AMA (Launch day!)

Ozan
6 replies
Plus 100,000+ people have read my articles across different platforms. Ask me anything about: - Newsletter growth - Newsletter monetization, - Writing long-form content that people want to read - Mental models And looking forward to getting your feedback on the launch today! https://www.producthunt.com/posts/life-changing-concepts

Replies

Mark Hinkle
What tactics for telling people about your product worked best? Is there a best day and time in your opinion to send newsletter? How are you monetizing your newsletter - Affiliate links, paid subscribers, sponsorship? Thanks!
Ozan
@mark_hinkle Hey Mark, thank you for your comment! Great questions. I've experimented a lot on the copy to describe the value proposition and have a good conversion on the landing pages and promotions. So I'd recommend making a lot of mini-experiments (by changing one parameter at a time) and tracking the results. As an example, removing the archive from the landing page increased the conversion by 5-6%. And all these little improvements make a big difference in the long term. The best day and time would depend on your audience. But I'd suggest avoiding Friday and Saturday afternoons and evenings. It makes a 3-4% (negative) difference in the open rates. Besides that, the day doesn't matter so much to me. As it's long-form content, I realized some readers even save it and read it much later when they have time. And for monetization, I have a mix of everything: paid subscriptions, affiliates, and sponsorships (just started). I'm planning to focus on increasing the sponsorship revenue in the upcoming months. Thanks again!
Ozan
@mark_hinkle You're welcome, Mark! And if you have any other questions, feel free to DM me on Twitter.
Congratulations Ozan once again 😄😄