I've sent 16,000 emails to peoplewho ever signed up for our product

Max Prilutskiy
3 replies
When 6 months ago I went full time to work on my ideas, I was nobody. Yet, last Friday, my work week ended with me sending out 16,000 emails. Several moments after we clicked “send”, the following has landed in my inbox: “Love the vibe of this email! Gooooo:)” Here’s what was inside the most intimidating email I've ever sent in my life. --- Hi. Back in the day, 1 million Notion page views seemed like a moonshot. But with tenacity, late-night coding, and dedication, we've hit this milestone with Notionlytics. [photo of me coding the product] That's me, living and breathing Notionlytics at a coworking space, refining every pixel, every line of code, all to make your experience better. [photo of my co-founder, Veronica, working on her stuff] That’s Veronica, digging into your feature requests, discovering the next big thing we must build for you. As a two-person powerhouse, we've spent countless hours working relentlessly, driven by tons of black coffee and your feedback. And today, we're standing on the edge of our ProductHunt launch, a defining moment for us. We’re inviting you to support us in the upcoming ProductHunt event using this link: [the link] If you use the "Notify me" button, then when we launch on September 12th, you will receive a reminder to upvote Notionlytics. Your one click can be the wind beneath our wings. We need you! Max --- I thought to myself: If someone believed in our small startup enough to sign up for it - they'd want to know about our major milestones and future plans. So, I gathered my courage and pressed 'send.' Have you ever sent your photo to 16,000 people? For me, it was more nerve-wracking than skydiving from 3,500m (and I've done that, too). And the responses? Those took me by surprise. People were empathetic, and genuinely excited for us. That's just unbelievable. Tomorrow's launch is a big deal. It's the biggest and most significant event since Notionlytics was created. I'm incredibly moved by the wave of support we're receiving. I think we're ready. Even though our launch is tomorrow, on Tuesday, September 12th, our "coming soon" page is already LIVE, check it out if you'd want to support too! https://www.producthunt.com/prod...

Replies

Sophia Watt
Build buzz. Before you launch, start building buzz about your product by promoting it on your social media channels, in relevant online communities, and through email marketing.
Steve Joe
Congratulations on sending out 16,000 emails! That's a lot of potential users. Be sure to promote your Product Hunt launch on your social media channels and other communities where your target audience hangs out