I posted 103 posts and got 3,000 followers on Instagram. How?

Alara Akcasiz
21 replies
First things first I should say that my account has been live for 3 years but my growth happened in the last 2-3 months (700->3,000 followers). The fastest growth happened after I pass the 2.5k bar. I tried different methods (buying followers included, unfortunately) 🀘🏻 Tip #1: Do not buy followers, because the algorithm shows your content to your followers, expects an engagement, and then decides to push it on explore page. If your followers are bots, you will not offer the engagement Instagram expect. It was super depressing so I dedicated my time to removing those bought followers for 2 weeks - full detox. 🀘🏻 Tip #2: Follow trends. This trick drives the most follower and engagement growth because trends tend to reach more people and the algorithm loves to promote it for you when it's trending. But make sure you are not late for trends, you won't get the expected boost. 🀘🏻 Tip #3: Create content clouds. Meaning creating up to 3 topic that you are comfortable talking, about which relates to your profile and the brand you want to create. Mine was: women entrepreneur, work/daily humor, mental wellbeing. It would be easier for people to understand you, and this clarity gives them a solid reason to follow. 🀘🏻 Tip #4: Create content as much as you can. Some will get 100k reach some will not pass 500. It's OK because you are only increasing your overall reach, you are experimenting more and increasing your chance of growth. 🀘🏻 Tip #5: Your content will show up to local people. If your people do not speak English or you are not using location services, use your own language. At the end of all those efforts, I started publishing a new reel every day for 3 weeks. AND FINALLY, one of my reels got viral and got 2MN+ views. Thank god I had a follow-me CTA at the end, it cracked my account!! I hope this helps! πŸ™ŒπŸ» Leave an upvote to motivate me to share more. xoxo, your community girl

Replies

Jacky Kapadia
Thanks for helpful tips
Deepak Kumar Prabakaran
Hey, thanks for sharing these tips. Would you be interested in doing a small AMA? P.S.- I'm building something called scrollme.today for creators, marketers, and professionals to showcase their work on one page. I have about 400 people on my waitlist, and I want to do small activities like AMAs for them in Jan.
Nick Mazikov
Great result! You are a master in your field! And we are masters at promoting startups and finding funding for startups! Contact us if you need our services
pixie2
That's a pretty good result. And the tips can be useful to a lot of people, thank you for them. But if you didn't know, there are special programs that help speed up the process of gaining followers and likes. I think you might be interested in this. This is an instagram bot that will help you get live organic subscribers. Keep up the good work!
Tedel
Maybe a dumb question, but why do you not try social networks that do not use algorithms? Advantages: - 100% reach to your followers all the time - No need to worry about engagement or other time-wasting metrics.
@simplytedel which platforms are you reffering to?
Tedel
@alara_akcasiz @ana_maria_ghita PeerTube, Diaspora, Pixelfed & Mastodon. I do not see people promoting them with the same intensity they promote Twitter or Instagram. It really is a wasted opportunity.
Imtiyaz
Thank you for sharing your tips and experiences with growing your Instagram account! I completely agree with your first tip - buying followers is not a sustainable or ethical way to grow an account. Instead, it's important to focus on creating high-quality content and engaging with your audience to organically grow your following.
Ana Maria Ghita
A reel with 2MN views, that is amazing, congrats! I'm wondering how did you add that follow-me CTA at the end of the reel, if you don't mind sharing. And was is anything specific that made the Reel successful? I'm also growing my Instagram account for my Coaching Services, I started 6 months ago.
@ana_maria_ghita Hey Ana, thanks for asking! I added the CTA to the final 3s by adding text like other texts. I simply wrote follow me. Also I think the thing that made the reel successful that at the beginning Δ± used a strong hook. It was thumb stopping like watch how I collected 2.5M $ from 1000 people.
Ana Maria Ghita
@alara_akcasiz Cool, thanks. It's interesting how a simple thing as "reminding people to Follow you" can be so effective.
Joe Shaw
Thx for sharing!πŸ₯°
Febk Seis
If you want to grow your instagram business. Visit https://goread.io/blog/rise-to-t....
Emily Violet
Great tips! One of the things I like to do is download viral clips, videos and posts and study them. I've created sort of a mini library that I refer to for inspiration and ideas. It has helped me with engagement/growth tremendously. Anytime you find a video that's doing great, or a post that's gotten tons of like, just download it to your personal vault with any of the free web tools. My personal favorite is Famium's Instagram Video Downloader: https://famium.co/instagram-down...