I’m Kenny, CEO of a global SaaS company for over 10 years. AMA

Kenny Su
22 replies
Hi I’m Kenny! I am the founder and CEO of Kdan Mobile, a global SaaS company offering e-signature solutions, as well as a series of productivity and creativity tools for individuals and enterprises. Before becoming a startup founder, I spent five years working as a software engineer and project manager. I’m passionate about building digital tools that leverage cloud technologies, AI, and data to create work environments that allow knowledge workers to collaborate from anywhere using their favorite devices. Kdan was founded to design productive and creative solutions that empower the modern individual and enterprise to compete in an increasingly global arena. Today, Kdan solutions are supported by over 200 million downloads, and over 10 million members worldwide. We are also excited to introduce our new product, Inspod, an online service for podcast/ YouTube knowledge sharing and management, will be launched on Product Hunt on November 3rd, 2022. We hope mobile users can discover and capture their best inspirations from streaming media efficiently and make their day creative and productive! Before that, I’d be happy to help on any topic I can assist with: - Tips for leading a global team - The progress of overseas expansion - Business models in SaaS industry - Anything related to the Kdan’s value, vision, and products - Anything related to my personal experience, background, expertise, etc. - Anything about Inspod I'll be answering questions on October 27th!

Replies

Noel Smith
How do you or your team keep track of the market changes?
Kenny Su
@noel_smith Great question. Startups constantly face market changes at different stages. This can be a challenge especially if your team is stuck in the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” phase. Teams that are flexible and willing to take on new challenges are critical to startup success. If your teams can keep abreast of new trends with tech newsletters, workshops, and even conference calls to exchange ideas with other SaaS providers, then share them in your internal brainstorming sessions, it becomes much easier – and more fun – to unearth the hidden gems that turn into your next breakthrough.
Khasan
We want to offer our solution (bnfts.app) to banks. We want to offer them a bunch of bonus offers. What should be our first steps?
Kenny Su
Hi @haserk, nice to hear about your solution! My experience says that understanding the pain points and scenarios of your users is the best way to develop a promotion plan. If you already have the plan and would like to share it, please email me at pr@kdanmobile, we can discuss it further!
Gaurav verma
How to find the initial traction? Users+Sales
Kenny Su
Hi @gaurav_verma10, thanks for a great question and a big topic to discuss! Throughout the years, we have experimented with different business models. By acquiring information about our users' journeys, we can find out the best conversion strategy. My opinion is that a data-driven plan is essential to not only making a decision, but also keeping track of the progress :)
GermanFursenko
How do you manage a global team from different backgrounds?
Kenny Su
@new_user_1586fbf6f1 Thanks for asking! The efficiency of a global teamwork depends on keeping everyone on the same page and ensuring transparency. Kdan adopts an OKR (objectives and key results) model in our management flow. Every employee, including me, lists 3-5 objectives for a certain stage, and these objectives together with what has been done should let the others know to secure transparent internal management. For internal communication, Kdan has set up a Slack-like communication platform across departments and offices for all employees at different locations to communicate via multiple channels for collaboration, with any discussion and talk being transparent.
Christopher Watts
What’s your business model?
Kenny Su
@christopher_watts Kdan has extended operations from B2C to B2B 5 years ago. Compared with B2C, B2B marketing takes a much longer time, but many enterprise users usually stick to original suppliers. Basically, Kdan provides cloud-based services for small to medium size enterprises and licenses customized APIs (application programming interfaces) or SDKs (software development kits) to large-size ones for them to introduce Kdan-developed software to their internal operational processes.
Jackie Liu
Good to know about the product “Inspod”! How did you come up with the idea to develop “Inspod”?
Kenny Su
@jackie_liu Streaming media, such as podcasts and YouTube videos, have become popular learning channels for new hobbies and information. However, it lacks a convenient management system to retain the acquired knowledge, and that’s why our team created Inspod, allowing users to capture good ideas while listening to podcasts or watching YouTube videos. Besides encouraging personal growth, Inspod also inspires users to share good ideas with friends. Our mission is to build a platform where digital learners can share their ideas and grow knowledge with the world. If you like our ideas, please stay tuned for Inspod Product Hunt launch on November 3rd and give us a like! :)
Dennis Hrabal
What is your greatest professional achievement?
Kenny Su
@azai_boshi My achievements come from working with a great team. Keeping the company growing requires a team that shares the same values and vision. The co-founders and leaders at Kdan always support me and make efforts to make it a successful company. :)
Ray Lee
Would you like your son to be a Enterprise Founder as you?
Kenny Su
@ray_lee1115 Honestly, being an entrepreneur or a startup founder is not easy. However, I will not act as a gatekeeper, but rather as a supporter of what they wish to pursue. What is important is not to lose your passion for what you do.
Daniyar Yeskaliyev
What would you suggest to a younger yourself that would save you time or stress in your jouney?
Kenny Su
@dan_yes People faced different challenges in every stage of their life and there are no shortcuts to success. I'll remind myself to embrace challenges and learn from the mistakes. Enjoy your life!
ursula chai
Through your personal experience, what tips would you give to graduating students in finding the right career path?
Kenny Su
@ursula_chai Be brave to try new things and don’t miss the opportunity to show off your talents. As Steve Jobs said, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
Chawarin Boonsiriroaj
What is the main feature of Inspod that you mention? and may I ask what makes your company be interested to launch a product for knowledge sharing and management (Inspod)?
Kenny Su
@chawarin_boonsiriroaj Our main feature is to quickly capture the key moments with timestamps and note cards, while playing the podcasts or YouTube videos. Kdan cares about enhancing the mobility and productivity for modern professionals and learners. We have developed knowledge management softwares, like NoteLedge and Markup, enabling users to capture and manage ideas, also making it easy to share. Recently, streaming media has become a trending medium for knowledge and skills. People like to do some microlearning in their spare time - like in commute - by listening to podcasts. However, it lacks a platform to organize all the fragmented and small pieces of knowledge slipping through and Inspod just helps you capture, store and review them later. Inspod connects your takeaways with original clips, helping you better digest and retain the knowledge acquired from the media. Not only cultivate personal growth with Inspod, we wish to make good impacts on the world by sharing good thoughts. Thus, we inspire people to share good ideas, exchange insights, and discover more with the world.