I'm Ece, I found 1200 users who requested to pay 60 USD for my pre-launched product. AMA👇

Ece Kural
5 replies
I’m the founder of https://www.scrintal.com. A web app that combines mind mapping with the power of networked note-taking. As if Miro and Notion had a baby! Here we detail how we decided on our pricing with our user community: https://blog.scrintal.com/reveal... Ask me anything about growing a waitlist (30k+), community building and early signs of finding product-market fit. I'll be answering all questions on Friday, the 12th of August 🙌

Replies

Testimonial Guru
Hey @ece_kural - That's interesting. Interested in knowing how did you build a big waiting list. Specifically, what did you do to get the initial traffic and what did you offer that pushed people to register?
Ece Kural
@testimonialshq first we decided (hypothesised) on the persona of the users who are likely to use our product. e.g. are they students? engineers? Then we mapped out all places these personas hang out digitally. We did non-scalable actions, for example posting about our product in social media groups. Then created relationships with the admins of these groups. Joined all competitor products' private communities and made some of their ambassadors try out product and in the end were able to make them our own ambassadors. While doing these actions we did weekly experiments, always recorded the results and in the end were able to find a couple channels that worked much better for us. Hope this answers your question!
Testimonial Guru
@ece_kural That definitely is a lot of work. Did it take you weeks or months to do this? Also - was there any incentive to join the waiting list?
Ece Kural
@testimonialshq Months and we were a couple people working full time on this. I have never heard any startup getting 30k waitlisters in weeks. For incentives we were giving 1 month free access to premium when we launch and also we have a referral program that has prizes.
Dave Safley
Ece! Hello there, it's Dave from the Slack group. Is Scrintel here on Product Hunt? I see profiles of your team and this post but the product is not found, I wanted to support the product and upvote here on Product Hunt let me know, did a search here for Scrintel but no product was found. PS. Amazing back story at getting 30k on the wait list!