I’m building a digital time machine this way:

Shajedul Karim
13 replies
i’m building a note tool from which you get a random note from your old notes (think: 8 mnths, 2 yrs) so that you revisit your useful wisdom, nostalgic feeling, or a gentle smile. we integrate our tool with all your note apps Notion, Keep, Evernote, Apple Notes, Docs, you name it—to pull all your notes. nowadays you might take 0 notes, but previously you took 20000+ notes. these are all lost. but it should not be. i understand that nowadays you lost the charm in taking notes so you might not, that’s fine—we’ll find the enjoyment of note-taking again in future. but whatever notes we took all over our lives have value: it contains a part of us, an essence of our being. we can bring it back every day, slowly. so we are. initial idea is to send one of your random notes to your email, every day. however I know you keep your emails for professional stuff and newsletter. so you can receive it on your Chrome Desktop or mobile notification, for example, if you want. if you only want to receive one of your past notes biweekly or on custom days, rather than every day, that’s also possible. if you want to bring all your physical copies of diary and journal entries to our digital tool so that you get some of it randomly, each day, call it done. no matter what is your note size—one line or twenty sentences, we choose based on what our AI think will be best for you that day, randomly. this is not a reminder or to-do-list app, this is your app—finding the whisper of your past wisdom, learnings, self in a cool way all over again. we are not Readwise-copycat. they are awesome: curate best articles, share highlights. we are into notes: your notes. a friend, @navinpeiris summarized our purpose very dearly: “amazing to revisit old ideas because sometimes those ideas work really well with new ones you've had since then, and all of a sudden you've got something amazing born.” no need to worry about signal vs noise: our AI will carefully distinguish which noise to not share you from your notes, because it’s normal for us humans to make noisy notes. i understand the impact of privacy and safety of your notes, so i asked my developer if he can make the most secured system for us, i’ll gift him a cat as a pet. cuz he loves it. additional features: - save your notes in voice, our AI will give it a name and reduce all the fillers - search for any note (even the audio ones) with any messy context, our AI will find even a tiny topic which matches your current context - make a quick twitter thread or blogpost from your last notes of 7 or 2 days back or 99 days of notes, with our AI i DMed 442 people in last 36 days to gain validation of the tool: I got 67 feedback out of which 50 find the idea useful or interesting for them and are ready to buy. my team is already done with all backend work as we speak. the designer was working on the landing page so that we can add you to the exclusive access list where you get an extra feature nobody else ever gets. however the landing page can be improved 47x, my designer too understood. he’s working on making it more modern rather than common. the frontend of the tool is not done, though, yet. meanwhile my developers are working on finding the best security foundation. any more feedback is welcome, any thoughts are welcome, any DMs are dearly welcome. excited to build this tool for you. if you are ready, let me know. LFG.

Replies

Michael Foster
Wow, your digital time machine sounds fascinating! I can't wait to see how it works and the possibilities it opens up for exploring the past and future.
Emma Wood
That's such an innovative idea! I'm really excited about the prospect of experiencing different time periods through your digital time machine.
Noah Mitchell
I'm intrigued by your digital time machine project! It's like a window into history and the future, allowing us to explore and learn in a whole new way.
Jacob Nelson
Your digital time machine sounds like a thrilling adventure! I'm curious to know more about how you're planning to make it work and the kind of experiences it will offer.
Sophia Adams
I'm genuinely impressed by your digital time machine concept! It's like having a personal time traveler's guide at our fingertips, and I'm eager to see how it evolves.
Shajedul Karim
@sophia_adams23 which part of the note tool makes you the most curious, can i learn?
I really like this. It gives some kind of comfort and meaning to all the hidden things in our notes. I would love to test it too.