I launched. Now what?

Iulian Pistol
6 replies
Hi! I launched https://www.indiehacker.tools/ last week and I want to ask for your advice. But first some context. The website is intended for indie creators to showcase their work. You can filter the tools by category, country, or creator. I did 3 things to promote it: I DMed 10-15 indie hackers on Twitter Tweeted a few times Posted once on another platform. The results were: 39 indie creators listed their tools 44 tools total As far as engagement goes: 252 unique visitors 2.8k page views 7.9k clicks IMO this is good traffic, but it's my first time launching an app so I don't have something to compare to. My question is, how do I keep the traffic steady, or even better, improve it? So far I have 3 ideas: Write blog articles about things relevant to indie hackers List the website in other directory websites Post on other platforms (if I identify them). Yay or nay? Thanks in advance.

Replies

Carter Michael
Curious to know how your DMs were received. I've never been a huge fan of cold-messaging. Were these people you had previous digital-relationships with or were they cold-DMs? But to answer your question, I think directory websites could be good, I think there's a risk however of spammier directories picking up your site and giving it some low-quality backlinks. I think community engagement and writing articles might be your best bet!
Iulian Pistol
@carter_barnett On Twitter they were mostly received great as they have been people I had some sort of interaction before. Out of 10 about 7 listed their tools. On other mediums like indiehackers.com they were mixed, but that's because I had never used the app before. Generally speaking, I find the indie creators community supportive, so cold DMs have a nice success rate.