I just reached 10 paying customers after 2 weeks of the public launch 🕺 (Not yet on PH)

Koushik Marka
17 replies
I am Koushik, founder of Supademo, and this is the story of how I got my first 10 paid customers. Firstly, Wow, the feeling is memorable. I know it's a small win, but it feels like a big one in my heart 💜 A little backstory. I launched the beta version of Supademo(a tool to create interactive product demos in minutes) on Oct 8th. Link to the product: https://supademo.com After running the beta for 5 Weeks+, I officially made the public launch 2 weeks back. Some stats so far: •340 signups •250+ user demos •10 Paid customers So how did I get here? I tried different strategies to get the initial word out and find the beta users. (mainly in the first 2 weeks) These worked great for me: •Hackernews(70 upvotes) •Reddit: r/SideProject (70 upvotes) •Word of mouth •Cold DMs and emails to experienced Indiehackers for feedback. (%15 effect ) Fortunately, so many users found the product helpful. So, I started getting tons of feedback. I took calls with some of them, and some sent me feedback through emails and DMs. I am so grateful to everyone who took the time to try the product and give feedback and suggestions. So I quickly aggregated the feedback in one place and rolled out the most requested features one by one. I shared product updates through email every week with the users. The users who saw me implementing their feedback trusted me and became my first paid customers. Lesson learned: As Indiehackers, we know how precious is our time and resources. So when you are starting, instead of finding ways to get more users, find the right ones, listen to them, and optimize the product accordingly. I know this is just the start, but I am excited about the upcoming journey. Much more things to learn! And while you’re here, don’t forget to sign up to be notified when Supademo officially launches on Dec 7th! https://www.producthunt.com/prod... If you want to connect and chat more, ping me on Twitter(@koushik_marka2). My DMs are always open.

Replies

Richard Gao
Looks really cool! This will make training team members much easier! Good luck with your launch.
That's impressive!! Congrats!
Johannes Müller
cool! wish you the best of luck:) did you do any validation upfront by reaching out to people?
Koushik Marka
@hayerhans Thank you. Yup, I spoke to a few of my agency customers whom I know are the right fit. I showed them mock designs and explained to them what it does and how it would be helpful. Few of them showed interest, and a couple of them turned into paying customers after the public launch.
Micky Nguyen
@koushik_marka2 You had right hypotheses and validate the right market from the beginning? Congrats Koushik!!
Deekshith Allamaneni
Came here to check if you are on PH otherwise thought I'll invite you. Glad to see you are already here and have plans to launch. Looking forward. All the best!
Rakshitha Kamatam
That's impressive!! Congrats!
Micky Nguyen
Your story inspires me a lot! Thanks for sharing Koushik! Good luck with the PH launch!
Micky Nguyen
I have never tried Hackernews and Indiehackers before. I just plan to launch on PH in Feb 2023. Could you share any experience about Hackernews and Indiehackers? Thanks a lot!