I have a 150+ day streak here and shipped 10+ products on Product Hunt. AMA!

ricoche
8 replies

Replies

Ethan Tole
We are launching in about a month.. can you let me know what's the most important thing in order to have a successful launch?
ricoche
@ethan_tole Most important is getting people to support you on the launch day, especially in the first 4 hours of launch. Right now, you can create a pre-launch campaign. PH allows you to schedule your product up to 1 month in advance. So schedule it right now (even if you haven't finished building it), create a coming soon page, and start talking to people to join it. Your product will be on the /coming-soon page, and everyone who joins it will be notified by email when the product launches. Promote to bigger audiences with teaser posts that build hype and increase curiosity. This can also be with coming soon teasers, behind-the-scenes posts, countdowns, testimonials (by asking people to try the incomplete versions and give feedback), and so on.
Iskandar Chacra
Congrats Ricoche, that's awesome! What motivated you to build and launch 10+ products since May?
ricoche
@iskandarchacra Thank you Iskandar. I challenged myself to be a fast shipper and see where it takes me 😄
Michael Milstead
I see you mentioned that you challenged yourself to become a fast shipper, and that's how you ended up with 10+ launches. Was it a structured challenge, like 1 per month or something? Also curious about your process of coming up with ideas. Is there a set of requirements for an idea before you decide it's "ready"? Any examples of projects you started working on but then left because of some unforeseen challenge?