I got 500 sales on Gumroad in 21 days. Here's how you can too.

Hunter Bohm
4 replies
I did it without thousands of followers. Here's how you can too. It all starts with solving a problem. Whatever you are doing in your life, I am sure there are problems. Identify one and make a free digital product as the solution. It can be: • A Notion template • An E-book • A course • Checklist The list goes on. You get the picture. My goal in selling these digital products isn't to make money. Well it is eventually, but right now, I am gathering a collection of people who like my offers. If you keep giving free stuff away. People will buy from you eventually. But how did I collect 500 sales with not even 500 followers? SIMPLE: Go to where there is already demand. You might have to get creative, but there are tons of: • Group forums • Subreddits • FB groups Be crafty with your message and aim to provide free value. Hunter Bohm The next step is to make your product visually appealing. In these groups, you're not the only self-promoing. You need to stand out from the crowd. • Look at examples • Go to Canva • Put your own spin on it EX: The next step is to add a workflow to Gumroad. You want to save as many of these customers for later as possible. That is why: I auto-plugged my newsletter after a customer downloaded something. They get a personal invitation to join my newsletter. In this way, I am giving away free value To have a customer join me for life. Not a bad trade if you don't have thousands of followers.

Replies

Yohan Gupta
Hello, could you please check my product idea out? It’s on my profile
Philip Snyder
Thanks for this great post! I think solving a problem is the best way to start selling digital products and getting people to buy from you. Having a visually appealing product is also key to standing out from the crowd.
Hunter Bohm
@philipsnyder I definitely agree. The more free value you provide people get almost guilty and and buy from you. The best way to gain trust. Plus being able to create appealing products helps lol.