Humans vs ChatGPT: refund handling

Danish Soomro, MBA.
1 reply
I got a refund request, after 6-days of product usage :) I asked chatGPT to create a reply and I wrote myself. Which one do you like? *ChatGPT GENERATED REPLY* Dear [Client], Thank you for your email requesting a refund for your [product/service]. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced with the product. After reviewing your request, we have processed a full refund for the purchase price of your [product/service]. The refund should appear on your credit card statement within the next 3-5 business days. We value your business and apologize for any issues that you may have experienced. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Sincerely, [Your Name] *HUMAN RESPONSE: WRITTEN BY ME* Dear client, I have already refunded you $49.50 📷, which you will see in your bank in 1-4 business days. I also want to give you 1-month free and connect with my team member who can set up your account correctly. I am sure you will generate leads in this 1-month and decide to come back. I also encourage you to monitor FB groups, they are doing wonders for businesses. I am an Entrepreneur like you I wish you good luck with your business, please keep in touch. With humility, Danish S. Founder ddevi.com A tool to monitor Facebook Groups & Reddit posts for leads.

Replies

Danny Flood
I think it's better to talk to these customers to see what their issue and feedback is, and to see if you can resolve it. You gain nothing from just issuing a refund, in my opinion it's better to talk it out with dissatisfied customers first, as it's a great opportunity to learn / get feedback. Also you can sometimes make it right with them.