How We Got 700 Upvotes on Product Hunt With an Airtable List

Dan Kulkov
25 replies
MakerBox was our first Indie product. And its launch went amazing! Facts speak for themselves: $1500+ in revenue and #4 Product of the Week And of course (😅) we wrote an article about it! We covered what worked really well for us and what didn’t. Only practical tips for Indie Entrepreneurs. https://medium.com/@dan_kulkov/h... Share your tips for a Product Hunt launch. What worked really well for you?

Replies

Zoon Zookla
What advice you have for a product which is already launched? Is it a good idea to keep it free for a while? Or will it set-up an expectations that product will be free down the line and act as an hinderance if a charge has to be applied?
Dan Kulkov
@zoon_s I think this problem could be solved with accurate messaging. There is no problem with Free plans, only how people view them. So just double-down on user research 🔥
Sveta Bay
Golden rule - always show the product to users before launch 👀 And don't ignore their feedback
Tanmay M
@basv Yes 100%, I basically share sneak peek of the product before launch to create a hype 🚀
Ksusha
Thank you for the article!
Ksusha
Can you share your favorite chats in slack or discord for the launch publishing?
Dan Kulkov
@ksusha_golovchenko will do the list in July of all communities!
Sushil Sharma
I read your post on Medium. It is really nice launch plan. Your list is awesome, really going to help a lot for startups.
Chen Friedman
Great stuff, thank you for sharing the article!
Launching soon!
Great Article. Thank you for sharing your experience and suggestions.
Daniel Engels
Thank you much for recommending Polywork. Seems to be a great channel. P. S. Your result is amazing.
Yenire leal
Thanks for the recommendation. Polyworks is totally new for me. I'll test it.
Andrew C.
thanks for the article ... i like people that help others grow
Toni King
Your article was really helpful. I will use some of the tips in my first launch. Thanks!
Brenna Donoghue
Thanks for sharing these experiences!