How to make working from home easier?

Ezgi Aydın
60 replies
What are some effective strategies for staying focused and avoiding distractions when working from home, and how do you maintain motivation and productivity throughout the day?

Replies

Craig Goodwin
Always have a dedicated office space where you can, so difficult to concentrate when in your normal loving space. 💪
Daniel Burns
Majority of my employees are remote and I know sometimes it can be tough for them to maintain the focus and motivation to work. I gave full flexibility to my employees, meaning they can work anytime and anywhere. However, I've found out that the ones who stick to a regular schedule they built for themselves have better overall results. This will also help you keep that work-life balance everyone needs to have! Also, if you have a dedicated workspace, that will also give you an 'office environment', which is advised to be tidy and organized. A tidy space also helps me 'declutter' my mind. Hopefully these tips will help you stay on track and motivated!
Fidel Avendano
Create a dedicated workspace, stick to a routine, and take care of your mental and physical health.
Madeleine Nichols
Great advice from Daniel & Fidel already I'd add working out when you are at your most productive and building your work timings around that If you have a door to your working space, shutting that can psychologically create separation between home/work Taking a quick walk around the block periodically to get some air is a little luxury to almost replicate comfort breaks around the office What have you been trying? Come across anything that's been working for you?
Richard Gao
Funnily enough, working from home is already easier for me than working in a physical office.
Harel Asaf
Try to find a spot in your home that is free from distractions and that you can make your own. This can help you get into the right mindset for work. It's important to establish a routine and stick to it as much as possible and try to minimize distractions by setting clear boundaries and communicating your needs with those around you.
Tanzirul Huda
Here are a few tips: establish a routine, create a designated workspace, prioritize tasks, take scheduled breaks, and minimize interruptions. To stay motivated, set achievable goals, track progress, and reward yourself for completing tasks.
Agustin Spada
Have a workspace only. It's very important to differentiate your home space to the work space.
Discover the time of day when you are most productive with minimal distractions, and prioritize it accordingly. For instance, I've found that my peak productivity hours are between 1 to 5am in the morning. To maximize this time, I've disabled notifications from all my social media accounts.
Shekhar Iyer
1. keep track of what you do every hour, this will make you time conscious. 2. acknlowedge yourself for all the work done ( because our mind always focusses on what is not done) 3. eat the frog(do the hardest task or tackle first thing) 4.postpone easier less thinking tasks when mind is not that fresh
Shekhar Iyer
@ezgi_aydin i think your product "before sunset" by the way good name sounds like a movie name... is a productivity tool.? yes ur right sometimes we may want to postpone harder tasks but then we have to imagine first in the mind completing it, the visual end goal and then work towards finishing it.
Shekhar Iyer
@ezgi_aydin I saw your product in "pitchground", i have also got selected in the first round by pitchground and now i am working out the second phase of submission. But although i want a featured deal and not marketplace deal, i hope they select me for featured deal. Hope pitchground is going well for you.. and i am not sure how their featured deal works as they don't mention it anywhere
Benjamin Kähärä
I'm a developer and a gamer. Personally, the most important part for keeping up the motivation and energy is being able to transform my workspace into, well, not a workspace. When I'm done for the day, laptop has it's own place and out comes the gaming keyboard. Out of sight, out of mind. I do this during the day also for lunch breaks, even if I dont play during the day.
Catalina Sabogal Ortiz
Prioritize 📝, take breaks ☕, and write down your tasks and ideas 🧠. Seeing everything you need to do on paper gives you better perspective and helps you stay on track. When you write things down and ask yourself "how can I make this air?" 🔥 you'll be more productive than ever before!
Pedro De la nube✪ 🧪
For me to have my work space. Choose a comfortable, quiet, and private place where you can concentrate and avoid distractions. Make sure you have everything you need at hand: computer, internet connection, telephone, etc. Of course after having everything on your site and focused on the tasks that you have set yourself to achieve your goals.
Charlie Kor
I WFH too. I suggest Use the right productivity tool for you. (helpful my focus) now I'm using app 'Beedone' created by @layouceferie Setting the environment is the first
Dahye
Remove distracting objects from my desk & short meditation before starting work
Ezgi Aydın
@dahye_youn I'm trying to start meditating too. What is your advice on that?
Dahye
@ezgi_aydin If it is first time to try meditation, using an app can be good start. Also I recommend to make meditation as your morning routine.
Deniz Sutaş
@dahye_youn not a lot of people talk about the 'burden of ownership', it starts right there with the distraction from small objects. Totally agree with you and a clear living space is a must for me to WFH.
Hashnimo
I just sit back and relax, this is what's great about working from home.
Hashir Ahmed
Transform your home into your office sanctuary! Set up a cozy workspace with a plant and a funky mug. Remember to let your housemates know your working hours and take mini dance breaks!
Vlad Zivkovic
I literally took one of the rooms and turn it into an real office with whiteboards and work station but instead of real office this one is overlooking our swimming pool and garden so it gives me pretty calm and productive environment.
Edun Kerry
Create a work station and dedicate hours meant to work This may sound counterintuitive but don’t spend your whole day working just cause your home