How to leverage a community for your growth? 🤔

Frank Sondors
25 replies
Hey guys, I have a community on Slack, but I would like to understand how you drive self-generated content, especially being a bootstrapped founder and how you may use the community for your business growth?

Replies

Sawaram Suthar
Try to provide value by sharing valuable information and solutions to problems within a particular time frame. It's always easy to bring people into the community, but keeping them active is hard. If you're inactive, people will leave the community, so always communicate, engage and provide the best possible resources to the users.
Sagar Soni
Build and deliver value constantly even if its very small. They need a reason to feel included and exclusive. The more exclusive you make them feel, the more they'll engage.
Flora WU
@sagar_soni5 Very helpful! BTW, cool product and notified! You are more than welcomed to leave your support on mine if you find any interests:)
Ashish Sangle
@sagar_soni5 Absolutely! Ensuring consistent value delivery, no matter how incremental, is pivotal for growth. Always prioritize your audience's experience, making them feel esteemed and integral to the journey.
Vincent Lonij
I think most communities will recognize pretty quickly that they are being "leveraged" and will respond poorly to that. The conventional wisdom is to focus primarily on bringing actual value to the community and let the growth happen organically.
Bran Vuch
Bring people together with common values and interests. If your product is about these values, then they will become your customers and ambassadors.
Alfonso Alvarez
@branimir_vuchih awesome response! Follow up question: How do you communicate something that deep such as values? :) (In the context of trying to create a community)
Jones Yue
Be more active in the community by posting and interacting with customers. Do small activities to keep them engaged. Imagine the community as your other home, and keep renovating and adding channels in it, which is the same as adding furniture.
Alfonso Alvarez
@quinn_boolv Totally Agree! Are there any tools you'd recommend to make the job easier? ... And also, what about the mindset? I struggle to stay active. Also because I don't use social media (I'm trying to use it for the products I launch). What do you recommend?
Felix de Jong
Creating a community of like-minded people and converting them into clients seems to be nothing unique.
Alfonso Alvarez
@felix_felix2 true... but.. .how exactly do you get there? :thinking: . What would you recommend?
Ethan Ross
Leveraging a community for growth is all about engaging and providing value.
Martin Baun
Genuine relationships, valuable content, and active engagement are key. Collaboration, exclusive benefits, and listening to feedback all contribute. This is my opinion on this :D
Tanjir Rahman
Set clear expectations. Provide incentives. Make it easy to contribute. Be patient.
Ilyes Ouhadj
Here are a few tips to drive self-generated content: - Be active and engaged. As the founder, it's important to be active in the community and engage with users. This will show that you're interested in what they have to say, and it will encourage them to continue contributing. - Use tools to help you. There are a number of tools that can help you manage and moderate your community, as well as to drive self-generated content. For example, you could use a tool like Crowdsignal to create surveys and polls, or Trello to manage your community content. And here's how you can use the community for your business growth: - Get feedback. Your community is a great source of feedback on your product or service. Ask members for their thoughts on new features, pricing, or marketing campaigns. - Build relationships. Get to know your community members and build relationships with them. This will help you understand their needs and how you can better serve them. - Promote your product or service. Share news about your product or service with your community, and encourage them to spread the word. - Drive sales. You can use your community to drive sales by offering discounts, coupons, or early access to new products or features. Hope that helps!
Alfonso Alvarez
@zedkira Nice structured answer! Definitely helps. Do you think this is for introverts as well?
Alfonso Alvarez
@zedkira Follow up questions: What do you recommend to(?): 1. How to be active and engaged? What's the recipe? Or the mindset you recommend? As a founder I often feels like these activities are distracting from "most important stuff" 2. What tools do you recommend to make the job easier? 3. What's a good approach to get feedback from cold users? They always feel as if I'm just trying to sell something when is not the case (yet) Thanks in advance! Sorry if I ask too much. I just feel you know the exact answers to a problem that many of us experiment :)
Ilyes Ouhadj
@aalvz Yeah, I think these tips are applicable to introverts as well. Even if you're not the most outgoing person, you can still be active and engaged in your community
Alfonso Alvarez
Hey @profy17 , Could you share some of your experience to build a Slack community? How do you build it? That's the part I'm starting with my product and I feel totally connected with your concern about Generated content. I was planning to build a small tool to do so. If you discover something we could use please let me know :) Cheers and thanks!
Bryden Ellington
Leverage community for growth by actively engaging, building relationships, sharing knowledge, offering support, seeking feedback, collaborating, showcasing achievements, adapting, showing leadership, and maintaining long-term commitment for mutual benefit and sustained development.