How to get users to spend more (without feeling sleazy):

Rohan Pathak
4 replies
Do you want to grow your startup? - without acquiring new users or customers? You'll have to increase value of each user... How can you do that? This is how you can get users to spend more with you: If you try to do this manually, you'll burn out And if you send emails manually - ask them to upgrade every now and then, Game Over You need a proper email nurture flow - a way to provide value to them Build relationships and trust with them I use these 5 email flows: 1/ Automated email flows Some of the most popular SaaS email flows you can write and automate: - Welcome email flow - Re engagement email flow - Churn reduction email flow - Win-back email flow - Ascension email flow Steps: - Write one - Automate it with triggers - Enjoy 2/ Use storytelling Well know fact: People need a story to buy, not numbers Tell them your backstory and why you created the product Share your journey with them All the ups and downs. Sleepless nights Tell your story to the users You'll connect with them better 3/ Send valuable emails Highly recommend - 2 value-filled broadcast emails/wk to their list Why? - Provide the users with value - Build trust with them - Stay on top of their mind - Establish us as an authority Easy way to beat your competition 4/ Offer personalized incentives Gamification of emails is a great way to - boost open rate - engage users How to do it? Incentivize users who are opening your emails And announce to your list you will incentivize everyone who opens your emails consistently 5/ Leverage social proof Humans buy when they see other humans like them succeed after buying the product How to use this? Send emails showing other users' success stories - Text based - Video based - Or interview based testimonials No social proof = less/no sales To summarize, here are the 5 best ways to convert your free users into paying customers with just emails: 1/ Automated email flows 2/ Use storytelling 3/ Send valuable emails 4/ Offer personalized incentives 5/ Leverage social proof

Replies

Yasmin Atkinson
Thank you for sharing the tips !
Rohan Pathak
@yasmininson I'm glad you liked it! What are you building currently?
Susan Jones
To get users to spend more without feeling sleazy, you should provide genuine value by enhancing product or service quality, delivering exceptional customer service, employing honest marketing tactics, offering personalized experiences or products, and implementing loyalty reward systems, all while maintaining transparency and ethical practices.
Rohan Pathak
@susanjones61sj Thank you Susan, you've listed exactly what I wanted to say but even better! There are quite a lot of moving pieces in providing value and getting them to buy, you have to nail everything because so many people don't buy your stuff because of silly reasons: - they don't offer multiple logins - they don't have a mobile app - I didn't see your app on G2 So everything has to be connected to everything!