How to design your advertising campaigns?

Replies

Harley coates
Through these: Defining goals Understanding target audience Developing a unique value proposition Choosing the right advertising channels Creating compelling ad creative Testing and optimization.
Hashnimo
Just tell the Microsoft Designer what you want: https://producthunt.com/posts/mi...
Richard Gao
Depends on what type of advertising, but if it's Google ads, I like to have one ad group and 3 ads per ad group
Benjamin Boman
Quite broad. But you can divide marketing campaigns into two categories. Branding an activation. Branding ads need to deliver a emotional connection with the user and encourage your brand to be associated with the need of your product. A good example was the McDonald's ad where the coworkers were signaling to each other using their eyebrows that they wanted to get a snack from McDonald's. It was funny but it also was connected to what could be a real event in your daily life, wanting to get something to eat with your work colleagues. This is really hard to DIY. I try with my team, in order to lower costs, by just coming up with funny display ads. But in reality I should really do a Bunch of clever video ads to make a strong impression. Display for brand building seems to be just block Ticking, almost. Short term activation ads are the ones that most of us working in digital are very familiar with. These are things like Google and Facebook ads etc. It doesn't mean that we leave creativity at the door, but we're less likely trying to build a long term emotional connection. Good copywriting will always apply and makes a big difference. One time I wrote a kind of rant style ad on Fb ads, and run it along a more logical one and the rant ad performed 4x better. These days I'm finding, and the expert advice out there seems to suggest, that broad match targeting is working really well in Facebook. And it seems like Google ads is trying to do their own version of this by recommending you open up the campaign very broad at the beginning, and then add lots of negative keywords and divide your keywords into groups.
Magic Mike Paine
Try to stay consistent with the brand but specific to the audience. If you can create and use images that are relatable and can engage your audience, you’ll have more success. Be sure to consistently test ideas against each other and switch it up often so it doesn’t get stale. Shutterstock also has a “predict” component that pulls info from successful images on Facebook and applies it to their stock images, ranking how successful they will be based on the industry. The product is still in its infancy stage, but it’s something you might want to put on your radar.