How to build an audience on Product Hunt ?

Emma Jeanpierre
20 replies
New user on Product Hunt πŸ™‚. Do you have any tips on how to build a audience and create a community on the platform? I don't know where to start...

Replies

Isaiah Trotter
Heck, what about a zoom meetup? Post a link and see who joins (:
Abhijeet Narvekar
Hey Emma, You are doing great, I would say, as I am new as well and you have 4 award points vs me zero, LOL. So you are already doing something in regards to discussions, upvoting etc. I think the way I am going about it is to follow folks who are active. And of those, you might feel 'connected' to their posts ad their topics or interests are similar to yours or maybe even your audience (eventual clients) I also am trying to find people who were interested in my kind of business launch. Mine is around Helping people with Careers. So I have posted a few discussions to see if anyone was interested in that. I did not get much. But now am actively looking at people who might have upvoted similar posts etc. Just some thoughts from how I am doing it. Hope it helps
Emma Jeanpierre
@abhijeet_narvekar That's very interesting. Thank you Abhijeet for these informations. I will definitely continue digging in my niche topic. I'd be very interested in following your launches. Keep me updated.
Shubham Pratap Singh
I'll suggest to participate in discussions, support other launches and can connect with others on LinkedIn twitter or any platform which you like :)
Emma Jeanpierre
@shubham_pratap Thank you for this one! I had not thought about connecting on other platforms. That's a good one πŸ’ͺ
Olatz Urrutia
Active participation in the community in key! Participate in discussions that interest you, start following people and you'll see people start following too. However, I wouldn't say it's an audience thing, cause that's one way view is more like a community you support people or help or share ideas etc, and other would do the same for you :) Step by step πŸ’ͺ
Carter Michael
Just being active in the community is huge in my opinion. Launching things I think helps but isn't necessarily the only way to grow. I can't really talk about the subject, I've only been participating in the community for less than a month - but I have seen some growth!
Emma Jeanpierre
@carter_barnett nice talk ! After how long have you start seeing any progress ? πŸ€”
Carter Michael
@emma_jeanpierre Quite quickly. I'd say it compounds weekly for sure. You'll start to pick up on things and start recognizing people and remembering the projects they work on. Makes the community a lot more interesting.
Doğukan Tezcan
Talking and sharing ideas more with others
Bakemono Fra
What I’m trying is to be consistently active, help others, share ideas and most importantly be patient! πŸ™‚
Hello_Joy
like this, getting more engagement and I think you're doing great!
Ksenia Khriptovich
Engage in conversations that capture your interest. Begin to follow others, and you will notice individuals beginning to follow you as well. It's all about cultivating a community, where individuals support, share ideas, and help one another πŸ™Œ It's very friendly here ;)
Emma Jeanpierre
@ksenia_khriptovich Thank you for the tip. I think it does not look to be far from growing a community on another social media apart from the fact that it's business oriented of course.