How much was your first salary?

Daniel Gärtner
3 replies

Replies

PhotoArt
This depends on the job and the country. Generally, the first salary for a starting employee is usually lower than the standard salary for the position
Krishna Kumar
A royal amount of Indian rupees 500. That would in today's terms work out to be 6.12 USD. Exchange rate was much better those days, would have been about USD 41 at the then prevailing rate. This was at a local computer training centre. I had just finished engineering and was interning without pay while preparing for Masters admission. There was an exhibition, where the computer centre was exhibiting. The owner saw me handle visitors and impressed, offered me a job at that princely salary. Those were the days!
Missdii
I live in Israel, my first salary was about 2.000 shekels, and soon I retire, so I will receive something like 3.000 shekels, the only thing I had problems before, when I did not want to accrue it, often we have this when there are errors in the pension funds, I helped only they https://zashita.co.il/pensiya-po... they have real experts who solved my problem in a couple of days, very grateful to them