How many people attended a networking event in 2022?

Ejaaz Patel
13 replies
Hey peeps, I'm building a tool that helps people keep track of their professional relationships. Check out my profile for more info! Much love

Replies

Mauro Baldoni
I have a rather busy life: work, family, children, and time for networking activities is hard to find. So I thought of a solution that would automate reminders to maintain relationships with one's contacts and also create useful and inspiring charts about one's network of contacts.
Pravin Halady
I attended precisely one, the alumni annual event.
Ejaaz Patel
@pravin_h did you take any notes or use any softwares as part of your networking efforts?
Pravin Halady
@ejaaz_patel No - the setting was a winery so it was much more informal. All verbal, showed a couple of people my app, asked them about their lives and jobs, etc. The host had promised to email over LinkedIn details for all attendees after, but that never happened.
Ejaaz Patel
@pravin_h yeah, admin tasks can get easily lost amidst everyday work. out of curiosity, how would you have judged whether or not the alumni networking session was a success?
Pravin Halady
@ejaaz_patel I would think it would depend on the quality of conversations I'm able to have. This one was fantastic, but in the past I've been to other (larger) alumni events which I did not deem as as successful - either music was too loud, or there were too many people in a small space, etc.
Mauro Baldoni
I’ve the same needs and I also released a tool to support professional networking 😅 I’ll check your and let you know my thoughts 👍
Ejaaz Patel
@mauro_baldoni nice - what prompted you to get started with this problem?
Richard Gao
None, but anyone got any good suggestions?
Ejaaz Patel
@richard_gao2 Hey Richard - where are you based? I'll see if I can find something
Ejaaz Patel
@sherryxena interesting - what was your main reason for attending the networking event?