How important is feedback for a new feature?

Udit Tehri
23 replies
Well, it's hard to say. I mean, on the one hand, you want to get as much feedback as possible so you.

Replies

Might Wilson product
Feedback has enabled many products to succeed, but it has also caused many products to become mediocre and fail. How important feedback depends on the ability to recognize the value of feedback for the product, both in the present and in the future.
Riley Mills
I think it's very critical to know about what the users are thinking about a new feature and from there changes can be made so that it'll be more appealing to and useful to them. Being a customer centric entity is what separates good companies with great companies.
Chris Horne
You have to weigh the needs of the many vs the needs of the few. Not all feedback is equal, but it's important to get feedback from as many people as possible because you might get an idea you didn't have before.
Udit Tehri
@vlchris ideas are essential but don’t you think on that stage we might not accept changes in the product. It can cause of delay in the deployment or a release?
Chris Horne
@udittehri Definitely. Which is why you need to weigh the importance to your customer base as as whole and not to one specific person. Also, some features should be slated for a future revision as to not hold up a pending release.
Ariel Orbach
@udittehri feedback is extremely important when it comes to a new feature, especially if the product is targeted at a general consumer audience. It allows companies to understand how users are interacting with the feature, what problems they may be encountering, and what improvements can be made. Without feedback, it is difficult to know whether a new feature is meeting user needs or if it needs to be tweaked or even removed. Additionally, feedback also allows companies to understand what features users are most interested in and prioritize them accordingly. However, if the feature is targeted at a specific industry and the company has a deep understanding of the industry's needs and pain points, feedback from early adopters and the industry community may not be as crucial. In this case, the company may focus on gaining endorsements and recommendations from industry experts and early adopters to validate the feature. It is important to note that even in this case, it is always recommended to keep an open channel for feedback from users and early adopters to ensure that the feature is meeting the needs of the target audience and that the company is making data-driven decisions when it comes to product development.
Udit Tehri
@ariel_orbach A/B Testing you are talking about?
Ariel Orbach
@udittehri yeah, A/B testing is definitely an option, but it covers only one aspect / one tool in the toolbox. You can use other tools as well, but it's deeper into the product and its status from development to market.
Waren
The more feedback whether it's good or bad, the more that it means that feature is viral, and it can make or break the product where the feature is included in. Less feedback means it's not that important to talk about, in my opinion.
Udit Tehri
@warengaliega7 agreed! If it is not viral it’s not useful, right?
Deep K
Feedback is crucial for new features, as it allows companies to understand how users interact with and feel about a new feature. It helps to identify any bugs or usability issues, and can provide valuable insights into how to improve the feature. Without feedback, companies may miss out on important information that could help make the feature more successful. In short, feedback is essential for new features to be successful and improve user experience.
Vishal Patel
Feedback is essential for the development of new features in a product, as it provides valuable insight into how users are interacting with the feature and what improvements can be made. There are several reasons why feedback is important for new features: Improving usability: Feedback can reveal any usability issues with the feature, such as confusing design or difficult-to-use interface, which can then be addressed to improve the user experience. Identifying bugs: Feedback can reveal any bugs or technical issues with the feature, which can then be fixed to improve performance and reliability. Identifying new opportunities: Feedback can reveal new opportunities for the feature, such as additional functionality or integrations that users are requesting. Guiding development: Feedback can guide the development of the feature, by providing direction on what users want and need, and what will provide the most value. Prioritizing development: Feedback can help prioritize development, by identifying which features are more important to users and which should be developed first. Measuring impact: Feedback can help measure the impact of the feature, by providing metrics on how often it is used, how it is used, and how it is impacting the users. It's important to note that feedback should be collected from a diverse set of users, to ensure that the feature is meeting the needs of a wide range of customers. Also, feedback should be collected continuously after the feature is released, to ensure that the feature is meeting the needs of users over time and to identify any new issues or opportunities as they arise.
Natalie Karney
Feedback is gold, if it is set up effectively. I think the best way to maximize feedback is to have a specific target audience and then to understand as much about the people giving feedback as you can. If they do not fall into your target audience then the feedback is not as valuable. I have built many products that are not used today because we did not listen to our target audience and instead listened to general feedback. I also recommend reading The Mom Test. It helped me start asking better questions for better feedback.
Udit Tehri
@natalie_karney the Mom Test! Sounds interesting. What is it?
Natalie Karney
@udittehri It is a short book that walks you through how to get the best research from potential customers. I highly recommend!
Murali Gottumukkala
It is most valuable as that drives the usability of the feature
Udit Tehri
@murali_aasaan from where you get a quality feedback?
Chaimae Sakhi
New features are essentially made to adapt with users needs as they evolve, so naturally we need to have feedback, therefore it's very important.
Udit Tehri
@chaimae_sakhi1 i really think in the same direction. Thanks for the same