How has customer feedback influenced the development of your product?

Stephen
3 replies

Replies

Brianna Swartz
The product teams I've run use customer feedback to identify potential issues with the product, as well as general areas for improvement. By understanding how customers are using and responding to the product, we develop better products and experiences that better meet customer needs. Customers also provide valuable feedback on pricing, packaging, and other aspects of the product that may need refinement. This feedback influences product design, development, and marketing decisions, helping us create more successful products. One nuance is that treating it a bit like crowdsourcing vs. individual sources of feedback/requests works best in my experience. A better way to think of it even would be "crowd-listening", as we aren't really asking the client/customer to come up with the solution but instead we listen so that we can interpret and ideate solutions on their behalf. One specific example at StoryFile was when we introduced a quick analytics view for our Conversational AI chat logs for our (soon-to-be-launched here on Product Hunt!) Conversa platform. We observed usage of super users, watched novice users and listened to their questions ("can it do this?", "how do I know if...?"), designed a mockup, got feedback, and then released. One example of affirmation was when we were discussing with a potential partner and they asked what kinds of in-app analytics are available. We sent them a short deck highlighting all such features, including Chat Log Analytics, and their reaction was "Wow, this is great. You thought of everything!" It's a great feeling to offer these wins on their behalf.
Denise Campbell
@brianna_swartz Agree 100% - and getting the perspective and experience of customers using the product for the first time, with little or no background is incredibly supportive in creating priorities for product optimization.
Piotr Sienkiewicz
A product can not be designed based on comments from a social media platform. An idea from their point of view is just the idea without an expertise. An account that is paid does count because consumers know what they had paid for.