How do you validate a pre-launch idea on Product hunt?

Sushrut Chafadker
7 replies
Hi everyone, I have been exploring different product and posts on product hunt lately and has been fun. I was wondering if it was possible to validate or get feedback on a pre-launch idea on the forum. I have a few ideas and currently in the process of picking the right one. Anyone has some suggestions or done it before here?

Replies

Ahmed M. Hussien
create a landing page or prototype of your product and collect feedback from your target audience. You can use tools like Typeform, SurveyMonkey, or Google Forms to create a survey to collect feedback. Join conversations, share your ideas and offer value. Make sure you're active in these communities and provide value beyond just promoting your product.
Sushrut Chafadker
@a_hussein looks neat. May I know why you are focusing on solo founders? is it to target specific segment of the market or you wanted to start simple for an MVP
Sushrut Chafadker
@a_hussein thanks for that. Do you have any product/ideas? Happy to look into :)
Ahmed M. Hussien
@sushrut_chafadker Yeah, I'm working on a SaaS project for Solo founders, you can see the landing page I've created for it: www.saasolo.com ;)
Fabian Maume
You can leverage the discussion area to ask questions about your assumptions: - does the problem you want to solve exist? - how are people currently dealing with the problem
Sushrut Chafadker
@fabian_maume thanks for sharing. Gonna try that. Are you working on any product. Would love to give it a shot
Boris N
Hey, I couldn't agree more about the need for idea validation. Here's a pragmatic approach you might find helpful: - Understanding Your Market: It's critical to understand who your potential customers are and what their needs entail. This will help tailor your product/service to meet those needs. - Learn from Competitors: Study their strategies, identify their strengths and weaknesses, and find opportunities that your idea could leverage. - Stay Updated with Trends: Keeping an eye on industry trends ensures that your idea remains relevant over time. - Value Feedback: Always remember that feedback is a treasure trove of improvement opportunities. In these scenarios, AI tools like ProductValidator or CheckMyIdea-IA can prove to be real game-changers. They give a detailed evaluation of your idea, offering valuable insights that could assist in your decision-making process and potentially save you from investing in the wrong direction.