How do you usually overcome challenges?

Mohamed Zakarya
8 replies
For me, I focus on the 5 points below: Embrace the challenge Instead of running away from difficult situations, face them head-on and look for opportunities to learn and grow. Cultivate resilience Practice building resilience by focusing on your strengths, staying positive, and seeking support from loved ones. Learn from setbacks Use setbacks as an opportunity to reflect on what went wrong, learn from mistakes, and come back even stronger. Keep a growth mindset Believe that your abilities and intelligence can be developed through hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Find your purpose Clarify your values and goals, and use them as a guiding force to stay motivated and overcome obstacles. What about you? How do you overcome your own challenges?

Replies

Younes El Moujahid
I learned throughout the years that these things will make or break anything, project, goal, or personal life changes. I have not consistently done so for everything I set myself to do, and I saw how it fell through the cracks, but for everything I did apply these 4, I saw results. Now I am more determined than ever, to follow these rules, and I was able to learn a no-code solution, develop a saas web app and overcome challenges in the process all in 4 weeks. and every time I did exactly that, one thing I added to the recipe, is to focus, focus on one thing at a time, so many times we tend to get great ideas, and want to start seeing them all come to life, only to lose traction and priority. But this time, I beat the crap out of myself every time I lost focus, so focusing on one thing at a time, you want to create a function on your app, focus, create it, test it, fine-tune it, perfect it, then move to the next feature. Thanks for sharing these approaches.
John Koo
@youneselmo maintaining focus is very difficult. i'm trying my best but it doens't always go well. do you have any tips for maintaining focus while executing a task? thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Younes El Moujahid
@imjohnkoo I honestly write down everything in a to do list, we tend to think ( or dream lol ) of many features and ideas, that's where I get lost. I use a to do list app or task app, you can use anyone you want ( google, microsoft, etc ) and write down your to do list, and check them once done. This is the way I found to focus and stop procrastinating. If you write down what you need to do, they ll remain pending until done. Hope this helps.
Jerryton
Launching soon!
I consider challenges as a part of my life, it helps me to pass challenges easily
Magic Mike Paine
There is a great book by Ryan Holiday, "The Obstacle is The Way" that actually suggests that you run towards the challenge. The challenge is the path to success. I think this aligns with exactly what you're saying.
Younes El Moujahid
@mpaine that is a great way of seeing it, however you need prepare mentally before you run toward it, meaning know what tools you need to carry to run toward it, focus, priority, etc
Mohamed Zakarya
@mpaine I like how you described it, that really is how you should face challenges. Also I agree with @youneselmo that we need to be prepared to face our challenges. Because we'll be facing a lot of stress and pressure that if we're not well prepared for it we'd start to breakdown
Jameson Lyon
Great question! One of the best ways I've met big challenges is to make my peace with the process. Even encourage myself to enjoy the difficult parts. Kind of like a walking meditation on the way to the summit. This helps me savour the journey and increases the odds that I'll run eagerly towards the next challenge that seems worth tackling.