How do you use "Generative AI for work" other than a writing assistant?

George Karagiannis
15 replies
The hype around Gen AI has undoubtedly been extraordinary. Many individuals within my network frequently use tools like ChatGPT and other LLMs as writing assistants, whether it be for crafting blog posts, composing emails, or even generating code. In these instances, LLMs generate content that approximately meets 50% of the desired output, with users subsequently providing the remaining 50%. While this achievement is truly commendable, I'm curious to know if any of you employ ChatGPT for purposes beyond that of a writing assistant.

Replies

German Attanasio
How do you handle hallucinations with GPT?
Marceric a
@germanattanasio Iteration and separation with specific characters makes it possible to greatly reduce GPT hllucination. And speaking to him in python works well too.
Eleni Antonopoulou
ChatGPT is a great tool for ideation.
Marlon Berg
As a software developer, I use GitHub Copilot. It save time especially when you have to write repetitive code. Also the new Copilot Chat is very helpful.
George Karagiannis
@marlon_berg Nice! How much do you usually have to edit the generated code from Copilot percentage-wise?
Panos Karagiannis
Its really non trivial to use it for high stakes Enterprise environments. To use LLMs for anything other than toy examples or as a personal assistant for mandate tasks you need to solve hallucinations, scalability and ethics. Its a constant struggle but I think we did a pretty good job at Moveo.AI solving these issues!
Dave-Anthony Smith
Thinking of it, 9/10 times I use ChatGPT as a writing assistant. It is really good for this. Because most of the data is old, I don't use it much for research. For that, I prefer Bard.
George Karagiannis
@pointae makes sense! I would also hesitate using chatGPT for end-to-end tasks (e.g automatically replying to my emails -- this would be terrifying!)
Marceric a
@pointae @george_karagiannis With a good prompt system, reading emotions and examples of personal writing. It can be very very good😅
André J
Launching soon!
Coding. 10x output
Carissa Jansen
Hi there! At Graphite we use generative AI to create PR descriptions and suggested edits. If you guys love an underdog story, please support Graphite today - we spent most of the day in #3 and are currently on track to overtake #1 :)
Gal Moran
Using AI for automating manual tasks, there are so many things I do every day that AI can do for me, from drafting emails to giving me updates on sprints
Anny Wiliams
I've been exploring the use of AI for work beyond just a writing assistant, and it's been fascinating! I mostly use GPT chat - with a few right commands, it's quite easy to formulate short plans, abstracts, quick email responses, and basically a lot of written work. In general, I've been following the AI field for a long time and I'm interested in what new products are coming to the market. The latest I've seen is an AI essay maker service at https://aiessaymaker.com/ . I don't really support such services, but I'm still interested in how AI has affected different markets.