How do you stay positive during your tough time?

Qudsia Ali
12 replies
Life can be very unpredictable. We run into obstacles in life that make it difficult to stay afloat. Whether it is the loss of a loved one or financial problems, everyone has gone through hardships. It may be difficult to remain positive; how do you keep yourself motivated during challenging times?

Replies

David Parizek
I go and read positivity quotes on my quotes website. Might sound cheesy, but just "hearing" the words from others helps cheer me up.
Jimmy Spikes
faith. no more no less
G. M. Mehdi
By remembering that This too Shall pass
Vincent
I simplified the 4 Noble Truths (Buddhism) to the 4 noble words; 'Suffering is a choice' and so is happiness... Combine that with the universal law of 'ebb and flow' realizing everything is temporary, and just continue to move forward....
Ingrid
Remembering WHY I started.
NitroGen
I have had a lot of difficult and painful events lately, but it is my loved one who helps me not to give up. He is my motivation.
A gratitude practice has been the best solution. I document the reasons I have to be grateful when my feelings want to take over. It's like changing the channel with the remote control, our clicking the mouse to go to another tab. Decide to think about something else. choose a new topic to think about. remember that others are not as fortunate as we are, even when it's difficult. Anyone who has access to a discussion on the web or on their phone or some device is really part of the richest populations on earth. When contemplating how others might have it worse, i focus on what is going right. Its a click of the mouse and move on to brighter topics.
John Krammer
When someone close to me passed away, it was difficult for me to remain optimistic. However, I realized that he would want me to still accomplish something, and I believe that he is supporting me. As a result, I'm happy that I'm working on something, whether it's a hobby that could one day lead to a job or a job where I knew nothing and everything started to work out. He would be very happy for me and would continue to support everything.
Denis Pimenov
I just say to myself, "Brother, did you really think it would be easy?" What about your plans? There was so much you wanted to do. Now what? Will you turn back now? Come on, get together and go forward!" In general, this is how I motivate myself))