How do you stay positive after making a mistake in the workplace?

Lené Jones
6 replies
Hey Hunters, it can be hard to move on after making mistakes in the workplace. What are your favourite ways to handle failure?

Replies

Nadir Arda Oral
I think that I am still in the learning phase and that I am improving myself a little more with each mistake. If I have made a mistake and realized it, it means that I have added something new to myself. Experience always pays off.
Lené Jones
@arda_finsmart 100% Learning about yourself comes with making mistakes but character development is about how you handle them.
If it's a massive mistake, write a retrospective about it and share with any stakeholders. Have them add anything they'd like to it. Then, leave the MISTAKE in the past and take the LEARNING with you.
Arzu Özkan
It's all about how my mistake was handled. And of course with the seriousness of this mistake. I think staying positive after a mistake is all about your colleagues' reaction to that mistake. If someone on my team makes a mistake, I know they have a lot to learn from that mistake, and instead of demotivating them, I motivate them to see how we can solve it together. Believe me, this will positively change their commitment to you and the value they give to the job. People make mistakes, that's normal. But being able to solve mistakes correctly is more important than doing a mistake-free job. 🙂
Rakshitha Kamatam
I think that I am still in the learning phase and that I am improving myself a little more with each mistake.