How do you stay motivated and focused on your goals in the face of obstacles?

Pinar Engur
9 replies
Obstacles and challenges are inevitable in any pursuit, but staying motivated and focused on your goals can be tough when you encounter setbacks or roadblocks. How do you maintain your momentum and keep pushing towards your goals, even when things get tough?

Replies

Eylül Danışman
One thing that helps me stay motivated is breaking my larger goals down into smaller, more manageable tasks. That way, I can make progress and feel accomplished even when the overall goal still seems far away.
Valorie Jones
@eylul_danisman this definitely helps me to. it allows me to adapt, reach, and not get overwhelmed.
It's funny but often I go away from my work and give myself time to breathe. After I get my thoughts together I plan out my future activities based on the most recent turn of events, plan everything out, write down and repeat to myself why I started and get back to work :)
Dale Castro
Whenever I feel discouraged or distracted from my objectives, I remind myself of how far I've come, see myself succeeding, and view setbacks as chances for growth.
Anees Iqbal
I think following your body's natural rhythm helps. I have periods of high productivity and periods of low productivity. Being aware of the current state and knowing it's temporary is helpful. I'd go on to say it's extreme to expect humans to continue to perform consistently forever. Also, listen to your body, it'll tell you when you need a break.
Yasharth Mishra
Hi Pinar, it's going to sound cliche, but remembering why I started helps me get through in the face of obstacles. Whenever we set a new goal, it is usually accompanied by a vision. I tend to write both the goal and vision down when I am feeling motivated. That written record reminds me of why pursuing it is important to me when things get difficult.
André J
Launching soon!
By applying first principles.
JD
I break down larger tasks into smaller ones that are easier to manage; set deadlines or timelines so as not to become overwhelmed by a long-term project; prioritize important tasks first while keeping track of progress made; take frequent breaks and allow myself time for rest. Finally but most importantly, I stay motivated because I believe in my ability to succeed no matter the obstacles!
Valorie Jones
Several folks have mentioned setting smaller tasks and goals. I would add one more which is leaning into in my team. Too often when you are feeling overwhelmed you try to solve everything yourself. Be open to asking for help, trust your team, and distribute the load.