How do you stay mentally and physically healthy?

Jesika Haria
19 replies
Startups can be a lot of work, and the stress doesn't help. What are your best tips for being your best self? Any tools that have helped? Let's discuss!

Replies

Celia
Pilates two to three times a week, and plan to read a book
@celia_ainsworth Love that, I've been getting more into pilates and it's a great combination of gentle and tough.
Nuno Reis
Always focus on one main thing. Which is, especially at the start, you are your startup! That's it! You are the only employee (employees if cofounding) which means if you guys get burned out the company days. It's better to have no customer service for 3 days and come back to churned customers than to work for 100 hours and end up closing the company. Choose thinking of the long term, not the short term, because the short term will kill you in a startup.
Laughter is the best medicine - just ask my coworkers who have to endure my terrible jokes๐Ÿ˜‚
Kavita
A 20 minute walk every day outside.
Ben LeVine
Bowling is the perfect mental and physical health activity, fun with friends and a good workout! And it doesn't matter how good you are ๐Ÿ˜‚
@ben_levine13 The last time we bowled, that might have been more stress-inducing to me! I will learn one day :D But it's true, a combination of physical, mental and social support is amazing.
MARIZSA
I dont have a start-up but I'm driving an XXL xfunctional PgM. Mental and physical health = me being my best self. 2L water daily - try to minimize wine and caffeine Balanced meals - try to minimize snacks & prioritize clean protein Strength training - LOVE to lift heavy it helps with stress and decompressing NATURE! Get outside if you can and take mental health days when applicable.
James Hallahan
For me, the balance comes from the obsession of the work. If you enjoy the challenge, and obsess over your product/company, the work/life balance equation doesn't come up. Taking care of your health, and then wanting to spend every second building your company is balance. If you grow to despise it, it might not be for you.
Peyt Spencer Dewar
Praying and meditating, limiting phone usage, and drinking water
Nick Bess
I know what stress is, and it is important to find a work-life balance. To relieve stress, I do yoga. Also, I do exercises in the morning before going to work. And your nutrition plays a great role. I'm currently following the Carnivore diet. I found an article about it here https://betterme.world/articles/... and decided to give it a try. On this diet, you can eat red meat, poultry, fish, and eggs. The diet excludes all products, as well as grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Yes, it sounds strange to many people, but this plan is proved to be effective for many people. And I hope for a good result.
Ahana Pearl
Taking care of my mental and physical health is important these days. I prioritize regular exercise, eat a balanced diet, and make time for relaxation and self-care activities. I also find it helpful to utilize resources like mental health apps for guidance and support. I found this blog - https://www.mobileappdaily.com/m..., which is incredibly beneficial to stay calm and counter anxieties in life.
erwin smith
I try to sleep better and relax more. However, sometimes I have poor health and bad mood that can lead to depression. In fact, I've been through an extended period of time where I was trapped in a deep state of depression, grappling with an overwhelming sense of hopelessness. It was like living in a never-ending nightmare. However, recently I've found this source https://yourlocalpsychiatrist.nyc where there's a service of psychiatrist in New York. It seems like one of the most effective ways to alleviate depression and prevent any long-lasting consequences.