How do you speed up localization of your App?

Valerý
7 replies
What tools or techniques do you use to speed up the process of translation/lozalization of you Website/Game/Other? As a developer I experienced writting a huge lozalization files with more than 2000 lines and translating it manually.

Replies

Wassim Samad
I used i18n and sent JSON chunks to ChatGPT (because of the token limit 🤭) It was a bit painful but free and high-quality. I don't mean perfect because some words in my native language were not the ones I would have chosen but it's still usable (compared to Google Translate for example)
Wassim Samad
@framemuse I'm a French native speaker but work in English. I used AI to translate everything back to French and polish it manually. ChatGPT made a great job, I had very few things to correct. Mainly thing that I didn't like is that some English sentences' meanings sounded too marketing/fake for the French language.
Valerý
@wassim_samad1 I'm currently creating a Editor library, which should help in creating from scratch and polishing existing localization with a nice UI right on your website. Check it out, please and give your feedback (currenly) on idea ^_^ https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Valerý
Did you experienced anything like that?
2 Answers
Jamie Kim
I'm a marketer, not a developer, but I've heard the developers on my team talk about it. We had the same problem. He said that you need to have a server in the country you want to launch in to get the best speed.