How do you overcome creative blocks?

Nataliya Trotsenko
3 replies
🌟 Inspiration is the core of all our projects, fueling our creativity and guiding us through challenges. Yet, every so often, we find ourselves stuck and cannot create anything. In a recent quest for inspiration, tasked with breathing life into new creatives for an upcoming project, I encountered just such a block. The usual flow of ideas had dried up, leaving me searching for a spark. In a moment of pause, I decided to step back and dive into the world of TED Talks. My journey led me to two remarkable talks: Shannon O'Dell's exploration of how friendship impacts our brains and Susan David's insightful discourse on the gift and power of emotional courage. And suddenly it helped and offered a refreshing perspective but also reignited my passion for the project at hand. Suddenly, the floodgates of creativity opened, and the ideas started flowing once again. This experience has led me to ponder: How do you navigate through creative blocks? Is there a particular activity, book, or talk that rekindles your creative spark? I'm eager to hear your stories and learn from the diverse ways we find our inspiration. Let's share and inspire one another! 🚀 And also sharing these two amazing Ted Talks: How friendship affects your brain - https://www.ted.com/talks/shanno... The gift and power of emotional courage - https://www.ted.com/talks/susan_...

Replies

Veranika Vinichenka
Natasha, thank you so much for the material! This topic really touched me, so I'll share my story. In my childhood, I had a favorite book called "Tales of Flowers" by Anna Saks. I still remember some of the tales, even though I haven't held the book in my hands for about 20 years. Recently, I experienced emotional burnout, which led to creative block. I remembered this book, or rather one of its tales. So, I ordered it. The edition is modern, with vivid illustrations. But holding it in my hands again, I felt like that same little girl, seeing the world in very bright and diverse colors.
Archana Jha
Launching soon!
It's amazing how seeking inspiration from different sources can help us overcome creative blocks. I find that taking a step back, exploring new perspectives, and immersing myself in diverse ideas often rekindles my creative spark as well.