How do you motivate your team?

Rhymer Espinosa
16 replies
Working can get exhaustive, tiresome, and demotivating at times. How do you make your team members stay focused and motivated?

Replies

Audrey Enriquez
Sharing positive vibes and energy helps. Regular affirmations and a pat on the shoulder is a great way to boost confidence. This makes the stress easier to handle.
Rhymer Espinosa
@audrey_pie Super agree with you. Influence towards your team is a great way too. Like sharing positive vibes.
Monika Staponkute
Depends what is the reason behind it. If a team member is not motivated at times, I talk to them 1 on 1 to find out why that is. If the whole team dynamic changes I organise a call to talk it out, address their concerns off record to they could be honest and open. And if someone is exhausted, I just back off and let them take it slow for a bit. It's very important to take care of your team so no one burns out. However it happens very rarely because we do our best to always give people context so everyone knows the ultimate goal we are working towards. It gives a lot of motivation when the team understands the WHY behind everything.
Rhymer Espinosa
@monika_myzenteam Indeed. Couldn't agree more. How many people do you manage? And how often do you meet them?
Monika Staponkute
@rimer_carlyle_espinosa currently I have 3 developers on my team. We work remotely and meet once a year on workations :)
Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
Communication is key! You need to talk to your team every day, 1 on 1 if it's necessary.
Rhymer Espinosa
@joanduarte Do you do regular weekly/monthly 1:1 session too?
Anoir Houmou
Having effective communication and things to look forward to.
Rhymer Espinosa
@anoirhoumou Couldn't agree more. Effective communication is the key. <3 Do you communicate with them in individually? or in a group?
Rhymer Espinosa
@anoirhoumou Super agree with you. I regularly meet the team once a month and set 1:1 meetings every other week.
Shon Paunan
I motivate my team by just being me - advocating that even the tenured ones are susceptible to mistakes, and that we have to continue learning everyday. By accepting and taking ownership of your mistakes and errors. Positivity in the midst of failures. Encouraging words even if you think there's nothing to be thankful for. Respect for everybody's opinion and situation.
Rhymer Espinosa
@sharon_paunan I couldn't agree more. Love the idea of influencing others by just being the genuine you.