How do you make sure your content will appeal to the readers?

Kate Chasten
24 replies
As a content writer, I've noticed that some of my blogs are much more engaging the the others while I sustained the same tone and followed the same route in terms of providing information, etc. But why is that I get so much credit for one blog and nothing for the other one? Where's the problem?

Replies

Dennis Aronov
Like others have mentioned, it's all about the audience. You can write the most thought provoking article but not get any engagement because it's not the right audience. Find the right audience or write a blog for the appropriate audience.
Kate Chasten
@annie_engelhardth Right. I always write based on SERP and my readers interest. The problem is that readers only find some of my blogs interesting not all of them. And follow the same guideline for writing my articles.
rebecca kim
Your headline is the first thing people will see, so it's important to make a good impression. Write headlines that are clear, concise, and attention-grabbing.
Kate Chasten
@rebecca_kim1 Thanks. what about the language of the content?
Mujadad Naeem
Try writing content as if you're speaking to them. Make sure you're able to resonate with them, and not get lost in the 'techniques'. Organic, natural conversations spark the most interest, and then of course it depends on what, why, how you're putting it out.
Shokat Ali
Write in a way that is easy to read and understand. Avoid using jargon or technical language.
Vivienne Stricklands
Write in a conversational style.
William Willey
When you tell stories in your content, you can connect with your readers on a deeper level and make your content more engaging.
Kate Chasten
@william_willey But I tell stories in all my articles. Why do only some of them work out?
Mikkel Banner
Get it reviewed by the expert.
Shajedul Karim
it’s a mix of art and science, really. understanding your readers’ pulse, their unspoken needs is vital. sometimes it's about the right message at the right time. other times, it's about the topic’s direct relevance to the reader. it could be a headline that hooks, a story that resonates, or even the way you unravel the information. timing of posting could also play a part.. maybe one blog hit when the topic was trending. diving into analytics, seeing when and where engagement spiked can offer clues. feedback is a gold mine. a comment, a share, a like, they all tell a story beyond just the words. be open to experimenting, tweaking your style, your content. every piece you write is a chance to learn, to refine, to better hit the mark next time. a continuous dialogue with your audience, even if it’s silent, guides the way. know that, it's not just about what you say, but how you make them feel. that's the subtle art of engaging content.
Naoto Shibata
Put TL;DR on the top of the sentence!
Nitin Joshi
First, determine what you plan to address within your chosen topic and identify your target audience, whether it comprises professionals or the general public. Based on that write your content accordingly to ensure that your specific audience can find the information they seek. Cover all aspects of the topic concisely, using brief paragraphs. If appropriate, include graphics to enhance comprehension. Ensure that you provide credible sources and align your answers with keywords users may use when searching on Google.