How Do You Interact With Your Team While Working Remote?

Jonathan Yan
7 replies
What are some of the tools you use to engage with your team while working remote? How are they working out for you so far?

Replies

Kristina M
I think the better question here is why (for what work reasons) do you engage in a remote interaction, not what tool do you use. I feel that there is still so much time lost on making what could be an email into a zoom/google hangouts/whatever platform "quick" call with 4 other people on it. The only way that a tool would make any difference in remote working is if it had a mandatory checklist before you can start or schedule a call on it. "Can you have a group chat about this?", "Can you send a poll instead?", "Does everybody really need to be on this call?" Etc.
Klaus Agnoletti
@kristina_m That's an extremely good point. When has a tool in itself ever been good? Admittedly it doesn't look fancy when one starts talking about processes. That doesn't make them less important, though. History tells us that that and the people change management part is the difficult part of implementing any tool.
Jonathan Yan
@kristina_m I actually really like that idea of having a mandatory checklist before scheduling a meeting. At oVice, since you are able to interact with your team in real time in a virtual space, this, in a sense, helps with that issue because you can check, right then and there, if you need to talk to someone instead of scheduling a meeting.
Moritz Kaiser
Currently we working mostly with slack and google meets. They serve the purpose, you can share links, docs, etc, direct or group chats. But really looking forward to using Wisdom Community (https://getwisdomcommunity.com/) for ourselves.
Jonathan Yan
@moritz_kaiser Thank you for the reply! I've never heard of Wisdom Community before but I'll take a look :) I know I've replied to one of your discuss threads not too long ago but you are always welcome to check out our platform at ovice.in and tour-en.ovice.in as well to have a look around and let me know what you think!
Klaus Agnoletti
We're mostly using Slack and Google Meet (and the rest of Workspaces). On top of that the entire company WFH and meet physically for a week every 4 months or so. That really means a lot in terms of collaboration
Jonathan Yan
@klaus_agnoletti Thanks for the response! You should check our platform out at ovice.in and our Tour Space at tour-en.ovice.in! We provide virtual spaces in the Metaverse for users to customize a space and invite others to interact real time in the space itself and through our various plug ins. I think it could improve your teams' communication and collaboration even more during the times you aren't in the office.