How do you handle work stress at the start of the week?

Tanya Pereira
140 replies

Replies

Easlo
I’ll identify my priorities, break them down into manageable steps, and tackle them one by one.
Abi P
Making a to-do list and literally striking things off of it helps me :P Curious to see the other responses on this thread
Alexander Galitsky
Well, I basically just panic and lose my mind like any reasonable human being
Artyom Sviridov
Getting along with the thought: "Oh well, the job ain't gonna do itself".
Amy Quin
Prioritize tasks, create a to-do list, and take short breaks.
Prem Saini
I always say this and will always stick to it moving your body in the morning and also making a to-do list helps a lot!
Hussein Hashish
I personally use a tool like Todoist to keep track of daily tasks and avoid being overwhelmed. This way I have visibility over what are the priorities of each day and minimize stress
Daniel Hunt
I find that the start of the week can sometimes be challenging, but I've developed a few strategies to help me handle work stress effectively. First, I prioritize my tasks by creating a to-do list for the week on Sunday evening. This helps me set clear goals and stay organized.
Shivangi Awasthi
A to-do list and prioritizing what I need to close this week.
Maureen Franklin
Handling work stress at the beginning of the week requires a proactive and balanced approach to maintain productivity and well-being. To tackle this, I typically start by prioritizing my tasks. I create a to-do list, identifying the most critical and time-sensitive assignments, which helps me maintain a clear focus. I also break down my workload into smaller, manageable chunks, making it less overwhelming. Additionally, I ensure I have a strong support network in place, which includes effective communication with colleagues and superiors. This helps in sharing the workload and collaborating effectively. Regular short breaks and a mindful approach to time management are essential, enabling me to rejuvenate and stay mentally fresh. Finally, practicing stress management techniques like deep breathing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance throughout the week helps me maintain resilience in the face of work stress and keeps me consistently productive.
Theresa Spengler
I find that handling work stress at the start of the week is crucial for setting a productive tone. I have a few strategies that I regularly employ. First, I prioritize my workload by creating a to-do list on Sunday evening, which allows me to organize my tasks for the week. This helps me begin the week with a clear plan in mind. I make sure to allocate some time on Monday mornings for a brief team meeting or check-in. This enables us to align our goals and expectations, ensuring everyone is on the same page.
Stefan Pettersson
@theresa_spengler This thread is also 90% bots - doesn't even make sense to point them out. This one with stolen photo from: https://www.zillow.com/profile/e...
Kevin Burnett
@stpe nice find. The internet is going to be a bit more annoying to navigate for a while. Is it obvious what the purpose of spamming a thread like this would be? Earn badges for popular discussions?
Stefan Pettersson
@burnett Good question. Badges are just vanity. Maybe building up an army of bot accounts and sell upvotes in bulk?
Kevin Burnett
@stpe yeah, that makes sense. That is verifiably happening on github to bolster star counts, which similarly can have a material impact on people’s companies and lives. I’d be interested in teaming up to try to figure out a generalized approach to mitigate this, though I don’t have time. :)
Lindsey Hunt
Well, I basically simply freak out and go crazy like any normal person would.
Kevin Burnett
@lindsey_hunt1 I guess Lindsey is a bot user because she just copied a funny reply from another user that got a lot of upvotes. Joined October 16.
Bruce Gordon
Well, managing work stress at the beginning of the week is crucial for setting a positive tone for the days ahead. I have a few strategies that I find effective. Firstly, on Sunday evenings, I like to take some time to plan and organize my week. I create a to-do list, prioritize tasks, and set clear goals. This helps me approach the week with a sense of purpose and direction. Additionally, I try to maintain a healthy work-life balance. I ensure that I get enough rest over the weekend to recharge, so I'm mentally and physically prepared for the challenges of the upcoming week. I also make it a point to practice stress-relief techniques like meditation and deep breathing, which help me stay calm and focused. Moreover, I'm a big advocate for open communication. If I foresee a particularly stressful week ahead, I communicate with my team and supervisor early on, discussing any potential challenges or adjustments that might be needed. This proactive approach helps in managing expectations and getting the necessary support.
Freya White
With a To-do list of the whole week.
Shirley
Set aside time in the evening for relaxation and unwinding.
Kathleen Ward
I've found that managing work stress at the beginning of the week is crucial to setting a positive tone for the rest of the week. To handle this, I have developed a few strategies that work well for me: Prioritization: On Monday mornings, I like to create a to-do list for the week. This list helps me prioritize tasks and set clear goals, which can reduce stress by providing a sense of direction. Time Blocking: I allocate specific time blocks for different tasks and activities throughout the week. This approach helps me stay organized and ensures that I'm not overwhelmed by multiple tasks at once. Mindfulness and Relaxation: To combat stress, I practice mindfulness techniques, such as deep breathing exercises or short meditation sessions. These moments of relaxation help me maintain a calm and focused mindset.
Jovana Djekovic
setting achievable goals and breaking down big projects
Thelma Cox
I prioritize tasks, set goals, and stay organized to manage work stress effectively at the beginning of the week.
ATM I'm also working on this. I tried working 7 days a week but it definitely hurt my longer term productivity I'm now doing no work on Sundays - apart from setting out a list of goals for my week, and breaking that down into days. Organisation / planning is basically the cure for stress, as long as you are making progress and focusing on the right things, theres not much else you can do :)
George Burmistrov
A to-do list for the upcoming week, some favorite music on the way to the office and a cup of hot tea upon arriving there.