How do you get testimonials for your product?

Sveta Bay
33 replies
My list: 1. Twitter community (#buildinpublic) 2. Polywork opportunities 3. Product Hunt discussions Do you have anything to add?

Replies

Angi Bowman
My additions: * On-site surveys * Customer interviews * Beta testers * Networking at conferences (you may be surprised how many use your product!)
Dan Kulkov
4. Share my product on Reddit and getting ready to cry
Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
I liked testimonials. co very much as a product but then I saw the pricing. I guess I have to back on emails.
Rajan Verma (Aarvy)
@basv Not paid testimonials but a tool to capture testimonials easily. the tool is costly at 50$ a month
Mike Cardona
@rajanverma use the Airtable web clipper and create a gallery of all your testimonials… then embed that on your website or link to it however you’d prefer :)
Siddharth Shivkumar
Not sure how effective this is at the moment but have seen folks share early invites through Polywork opportunities and get testimonials using them. Since polywork is still an unexplored territory by the crowd, chances of getting quality reviews is higher.
Sveta Bay
@siddharth_shivkumar Yep, I tried it! Polywork is really great for testimonials. Once I posted an opportunity, it was feautured on their Twitter account. I got 100+ testimonials over night 🤯
Siddharth Shivkumar
@basv I just noticed that you already had polywork on your list. I think I should pay more attention to the descriptions as well 😄
Rehan Choudhry
Most effective for us is just asking users directly. Most want to help and like giving feedback if they understand why you need it.
Jonathan Nass
@rehan_choudhry1 I ditto what Rehan says — most of our users have been totally willing to give feedback/testimonials when called upon
Zainab Saeed
Joining slack communities
Pooja Jyothy-Seshadri
Via email and LinkedIn.
Sveta Bay
@pooja_0712 what is the response rate for this method?
Pooja Jyothy-Seshadri
@basv Pretty low via LinkedIn. Emails we've had great responses because we reach out to people we've worked with before of course, so because of that relationship, they don't mind dropping reviews/testimonials for us.
Gavin Hammar
Ask for a testimonial at the happiest moment during a customer’s experience with your product. Prioritise video testimonials when you can. They are far more effective than text-based testimonials. There are so many tools that make this easy. StoryPrompt is one of them: https://www.storyprompt.com/solu...
Royal Tomar
Asking for a testimonial after helping out during customer support
Gaurav Goyal
Getting reviews on platforms like G2, Capterra, etc. That has worked like a charm for us.
Sarvam Fating
LinkedIn DMs & FB Groups are a great way to get testimonials for Products. PS - Thanks for letting me know about Polywork. Didn't know it existed until now!
Patrick
I think it really just starts with happy users. If users love your product, getting a testimonial should be as easy as asking, if they haven't already proactively given you some good quotes from their feedback. The real challenge is, how to find those users / evangelists!?
Direct connect to the loyal customers that we have been working together.
Isabel Hely
Post about your product on Facebook and Instagram and tag a few influencers in the comments section of each post!
Steve John
Don't be afraid of rejection! If the person doesn't want to write the review after all, don't push them hard—just move
Lirian Ostrovica
This is what has worked quite well for me, through years: Don't ask for testimonials as a favor, but ask your customers if there is anything, even small, that they want you to improve. Mention to them that you valuate criticism even more than praise. This will trigger them to speak out, it's in human nature. Here is a quick, easy and free way of getting video testimonials: add video/audio record buttons to the contact page of your website, and invite customers to leave reviews there. Example: https://dhurata.com/en/contact-c... All you need to do, is copy/paste a few lines on code in your existing Contact page. This service is from the product that I will be launching here soon :) https://ecardify.io
Damon Chen
The following Six tips might help: 1. Ask right away 2. Use follow up emails 3. Incentivize your review requests to get more responses 4. Text message 5. Links on your website 6. Thank you page
Mike Cardona
I spent the first year doing free work, sharing every I know for free :)
Bonar
Product Hunt discussions
Abhishek Bhardwaj
You should definitely try Feedspace. it is a versatile customer feedback platform designed to aggregate various forms of feedback and content, including texts and videos. It acts as a centralized hub for gathering content feedback, testimonials, reviews, assignments, interview screening, and more. This one-stop solution proves crucial for businesses, supporting functions such as feedback collection, automating recruitment processes, crafting effective marketing strategies, fostering product growth, and streamlining information gathering into a cohesive feed.