How do you get inspiration for new content?

Pooja Lahoti
34 replies

Replies

Software Guy (Aarvy)
Observe your thoughts when you look at something related to your niche,. and turn it into content.
Ahmet Umut Günbak
Searching for content ideas for a certain social media platform usually works for me. Having a list of the potential content types that you can create makes it easier to choose a topic for those content concepts. To find topic ideas, competitors' and also non-competitor content creators' accounts can be analyzed.
Pooja Lahoti
@umutgunbak Yea, that's helpful. Thanks for sharing ☺️. Just curious to know, apart from social media what other ways do you use for content creation?
Anastasiia Zvenigorodskaia
I like reading books or wathcing movies and I always have ideas from them =) And you?
Sandra Idjoski
@anastasiia_z I'd do a similar thing 😄 I would brows popular industry books and pick up on things that people in the comments would mark as the most interesting or useful and then digg deeper on those topics to learn more.
Pooja Lahoti
@anastasiia_z @sandra_idjoski that's a good strategy. I should also try it. Thanks for sharing ☺️
Harshavardhan Reddy
@anastasiia_z @sandra_idjoski yeah its a good strategy and we should also try to use it..
Sandra Idjoski
@anastasiia_z @harsha_vardhan01 I actualy organized a bunch of soucrces I like to use when searching for content ideas in an ebook we launched a while ago. It's free, so if you need some new ideas it can maybe be of some help - www.producthunt.com/products/col...
Harshavardhan Reddy
@sandra_idjoski firstly congratulations on your launch and will look int to it.
Andrew C.
nothing helps me more than the good old... scrolling ...lol
Andrew C.
@poojalahoti hahahaha... nice one... you are currently Digitally Marketing which company?
Pooja Lahoti
@andrewcanday Currently I'm working at aasaan. Let's connect on LinkedIn?
Alissa Anne Pagano
Social listening! Snoop around in threads and see what are people interested in — or straight up ask them. (Learned more about it while doing the growth hack chapter of this https://www.producthunt.com/prod...) If you have that starting point it's way easier to start thinking up new angles or different types of content. Also trying to find associations between unrelated topics. How can I start talking about THIS thing and end up talking about the other thing lol
Harshavardhan Reddy
competitors adds...and content
Vinodh Periyasamy
podcasts play a huge role in listening to thought process! Serves as huge medium to derive new content.
Pooja Lahoti
@vperiy2 Yeah, that's true. Can you share which podcasts you listen to?
Vinodh Periyasamy
@poojalahoti Decoder, Software Engineering Radio, Practial AI are few of my favs - get to learn a lot and also be in the know!
Fabian Maume
I'm heavily using Quora. I wrote a blog post detailing my process: https://www.tetriz.io/blog/conte... Keyword recommendation from google ppc is also a good source of inspiration.
GamerSeo
We follow trends in the industry.
Pooja Lahoti
@gamerseo So did you subscribed to newsletters to stay updated or are you following other techniques as well for industry news and trend?
Kira
Hi Pooja, if you are looking to discover content for inspiration, you would enjoy reading on Waverly. We are an AI-powered content discovery platform that turns your words into a personalized content feed - whether it's tracking your competitors' content or learning about creative designs around the world or finding what's new in the industry. You define what you want to see on Waverly. Please follow us, and we can't wait to hear what you think on Product Hunt. https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Pooja Lahoti
@kiracheung Great, thanks for sharing. Could you please share a link so that I can give it a try. I'm sure this is gonna be helpful for me.
Kira
@poojalahoti https://www.producthunt.com/prod... here is the link and give it a try! Can't wait to hear what you think about it.
Algimantas Malakas
Adspy / UnicornAds tools (for e-com) :)
Tai Nguyen
Well, there are actually 2 options: - Social Post: Depended on what kind of intention that you are aiming for among your audiences. But usually, this is what I do all the while being stuck for topics to write about: + Follow and saved the high-profile personals who share the same vision and values as I do. + Reviewing my own saved posts from time to time (I may find different points of view and topics to cover just by doing this weekly) - Blog Post: To my knowledge, to effectively build out your content on blog posts you have to plan out your content strategies according to users/potential customer intents. ( There are plenty of tools to help you with this, WriterZen is also one of them hehe). So lots of time, with enough data you will eventually build out your pillar topic and sub-topic. And measuring their effectiveness from time to time may actually get you a good sense of what to do next: - Missing pillar topics? => Do competitor/user research to cover all of them. - Checking for old content - re-inventing or disposing of the low-performance blog posts really help to improve ranking though. - Check for your targeted keywords/clusters and make proper add-on articles to cover them properly. So to put this straight. There is plenty of topics/ideas to cover just by re-checking your resources, doing competitor analysis, and managing your research effectively.