How do you get ideas for your next project? or business?

John Koo
20 replies
Mostly, we come across interesting ideas unexpectedly. What or where inspires your most creative ideas? In order to generate new ideas, do you follow a specific process?

Replies

Yelyzaveta Kyriakova
I am getting ideas while meditating or then reading books about the creativity. And of course, ideas are just solutions to problems that I face today.
Mehdi Rifai
I get many ideas just talking to people. They tell you about their problems. Whether they are your customers, acquaintances or friends you get to learn more about their challenges and your mind start thinking about how can I solve this. Reading people's conversations on Twitter, Reddit and ProductHunt also helps finding new ideas.
Swapnil D Puranik
Sometimes they come as I am reading a blog (or anything) or listening to podcasts. But mostly, ideas are just solutions to problems that I, my friends or family face.
Chris Malinowski
Whenever I spot something that is extremely stupid/ineffective I ask myself: "Is there any hidden reason for that?" If no -> opportunity? If yes -> understand the reason -> see if you can overcome it -> opportunity? Usually if ppl do sth even though it's stupid/ineffective it's worth investigating.
Nick Harrision
Honestly, for me, it is the other way around. I won't look for an idea to start a business, I will have ideas and every now and then one seems good enough to want to launch as a business!
Daniel Do
Launching soon!
The best way to get ideas on the project is to try working in some environment or using some set of products for some time. You'll see what are the problems and start thinking about how to solve them. That's what generates the best ideas in my opinion :))
Marco Bergamini
I've found that some of my best ideas come to me when I take time for myself and disconnect from the noise of the world. Whether it's going for a long walk or simply taking a few moments to reflect, I find that stepping away from the chaos allows my mind to clear and creativity to flow :)
Nigee
Ideas come to you when you let them come to you, like the wind, it just is and then is not. Mostly understanding what you are good at, and then see if other people are not. For example, i'm great at finding leads, my friend runs a business and doesn't know where to start. Now I help people generate leads.
Richard Gao
Ideas for me come very randomly haha Mostly in my dreams
LisaKim
I think the best ideas begin with observing things carefully. After observation, I intentionally think about it for a long time (20-30 minutes minimum) and that's where I start noticing details in retrospect and get my ideas.
Mirena Vasileva
On the train or after I meditate and/or journal :)