How do you get backlinks?

Philipp Keller
5 replies
I'm researching how other builders get their backlinks since half a year. I've seen four strategies so far: 1. Submitting to websites (I'm launching a product for this in 4 days) 2. Link exchange with other builders 3. Backlink outreach (through cold email campaigns) 4. Write good content and hope for organic backlinks Which strategy are you taking? Do you track your Domain Rating?

Replies

John Marquez
2-3 worked best for me. Going to create an experiment around #4 Yes I do track domain ratings but I also check historical traffic stats to make sure that the metric is legit
@j_pmarquez that's a very decent strategy. Yes #4 is always good, even if it's not yet backlinked it is crucial. How did you do #3? Manual? Or did you use any tooling?
John Marquez
@philkellr Whoops, I didn't meant to say that I'm "hoping" for organic backlinks. There will be some manual link building and promotions there of course. Hoping won't get the content in front of people. #3 I used tools like Buzzstream and Hunter. But there are other tools out there too like Pitchbox.
Tedel
Do not even look at Domain Rating. Any search engine uses that figure to do anything. Links are built one by one, but things get easier if you have pages that are worth linking to. Focus on that.
Jason Colady
Getting backlinks can be done through various methods such as guest blogging, creating compelling content, engaging in outreach campaigns, and leveraging social media. However, I prefer to entrust this task to an SEO agency like Backlink Ninjas. They excel in acquiring high-quality backlinks through ethical and effective strategies, ensuring my website's SEO success without the hassle.