😵 How do you deal with negative feedback? 😵

Michal Balšianka
13 replies

Replies

Nihey Takizawa
I usually check some things: - Is the feedback coming from an ICP? Is it a common complaint from other users? - Are there any points coming from this feedback that you could change in your product and possibly convert this customer? Mistakes can be made, and feedback can be an opportunity to make your product better.
Nadia Zueva
Launching soon!
If the feedback is constructive, I don't take it personally and instead transform it into points of growth. However, if it's emotional and unconstructive, I ignore it or take a discussion with the person. For sure, this isn't always easy and I also sometimes make mistakes
Shreya Gupta
First, understand it setting emotions aside. Then, strip away the negative tone to focus on the core message. Identify actionable items you can improve detached from personal traits or situations. Trying it on myself 💪
Marvin Mändle
Listen and evaluate it. If it's serious, solve the problem as fast as you can. Customer success and support is so important and you get out so much of it!
Cara (Borenstein) Marin
Echoing what folks have already said - Listen fully and say the feedback back to the person giving it to you so that you can make sure you fully understand. Then, after pausing to reflect a bit, follow up the next day thanking the person for the feedback and sharing with how you're going to be addressing it.
Ruslan.D
with thanks))
Michael Iams
Didn't see it here, so thought I'd add my $0.02. This seems to be more of an emotional coping Q rather than a how do I act on feedback Q. Michael Jordan spent his HoF speech talking about all of the slights against him (real and imagined). He used it as fuel. What it shows is that it can be effective to use negative energy in a way that motivates you. You need to be open to feedback and open minded to being wrong. But, you will need conviction - because if it were obvious, someone would already have done it. The endeavor of proving people wrong may light a fire in your belly.
KC Onrade
Feedback may it be positive or negative will surely help our product's growth and development and that's how I see it. I set aside the emotions because at the end of the day what would matter is if our product is serving its customers right and making sure they are heard.
Arun Vivek
Ignore that.
Sebastian Karges
Hi Michal, I always try to put myself in the shoes of the feedback-giver, to try to understand where they are coming from with their feedback, maybe you can find an opportunity for growth or meaningful change. Never take feedback personal :)
Bob WIlsey
I acknowledge negative feedback, analyze its constructive aspects, and use it as an opportunity for improvement. Remaining open-minded and responsive helps foster a positive environment for continuous growth and development.