How do you currently take your notes? And what do you find yourself taking notes for?

Deep Dave
30 replies

Replies

Chirag Dodiya
I love google keep and notes. both are simple enough so I don't need to do anything special to begin taking notes.
Liu Kexin
Most of my notes now are in online apps such as Notion. I used iPad with apple pencil a lot when I was in school.
Adam Cooper
I'm all-in on Roam Research. It's like having a second brain, helps me connect dots like never before. I use it for everything - meeting notes, planning sprints, jotting down random ideas, even personal journaling.
Arbaaz
I used Roam Research and Notion to organise my to-do, journal, habit tracker, and notes. But I always have a pen and notebook ready to jot down things during a call, or while working or talking.
Tamizharasan GC
As a college student, I currently take my notes in a variety of ways, depending on the subject and the professor. For most classes, I use a laptop to take notes. This allows me to type quickly and easily, and I can also use the laptop to search for information or to access online resources. However, for some classes, I find that it is better to take notes by hand. This is especially true for classes where I need to draw diagrams or take a lot of math notes.
Claire Shaw
I use Notion, and I take notes for pretty much everything! I have a task list as long as my arm, and I'm always adding notes to tasks as I think of things, like content ideas, podcast guests, articles I've seen that I don't have time to read right now so I paste the link for later, etc.
Deep Dave
@claire_shaw do you find the tab switching while recording your notes in Notion while on your browser/desktop cumbersome? And how would you feel if there was a browser extension that lets you access your Notion notes and edit them on any browser tab/window without having to go back and forth to your Notion app?
Upen V
Notion/Google Sheets for generic planning but otherwise simple handwritten notes for day to day activities/planning.
shivam mahajan
Hey @upen946 what are you thoughts on browser note-taking? Is there something you’re using for that. For example, taking information from the web and putting it in Notion or Google sheets. How are you currently doing that?
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
I currently use UpNote for notes. Love the interface and easy to share.
Sahinur Akther
I use Notion to take notes for a variety of purposes. Firstly, I use it for work-related tasks such as jotting down meeting minutes, tracking project progress, and documenting important information shared during discussions. It helps me stay organized and ensures that I have a centralized location for all my work-related notes. Additionally, I also use Notion for personal note-taking.
I use Notion and I love it!
shivam mahajan
@sepidy awesome, I use Notion too. Have you used Notion web clipper, what are you thoughts on that? If you haven’t used it, do you find it easy to take notes on web?
Passive Book
I am using Notion, EverNote, OneNote, Obsidian and Google Keep. Horses for courses.
Shajedul Karim
1. apple notes, simplicity at its core. direct, intuitive, it's my go-to for capturing raw thoughts, lightning-quick. 📝⚡ 2. notes for inklings, insights, learning. extracts from books, podcasts, tweets. they're often still simmering, unclear - but that's the charm. they're sparks, not fire, catalysts for intellectual growth. 📚🎧 and there's something enchanting about revisiting old notes, witnessing how past musings link with new ones. it's like a dialogue with my past self, excavating wisdom once overlooked. 🕰️🔍 note-taking is less about storage, more about engaging with the material, processing it, making it mine. it's a way to learn, to think, to understand. so, how do you weave your tapestry of thoughts?
Tyler
Apple Notes - personal, reflections, ideas Notion - anything biz related
Mary Rumyantzeva, PhD
I've tried Mymind recently and love the experience!
André J
Launching soon!
[Atom + Markdown + Github] and iPad notes w/ Apple Pencil
Hashnimo
Windows Notepad. Due to short term memory.
Andrew Diete-Koki
I use Apple Notes and Android Notes mostly. A few times use Notion.
Fangbo
Still using Evernote lagacy....
Dogyun Jeong
I use multiples things. I really love to write a diary with a pen. Just problem is that it is not well organized and not easy to search. For organizing and searching, I currently use notion. It is bit heavy for note taking but really good for organize my thoughts and etc. I also use keep from google for quick note-taking. For cleaning my thoughts, Writing blog is very helpful for me
Tomáš Blaťák
I am using normal pen and notebook, to be honest I tired multiple apps but notes that I create with hand is better for me.