How do you create your goals? And how do you define success or whether you’ve achieved them?

Charlie Gilkey
5 replies
Much of the time our difficulty with goals is rooted in not having broken them down to size — where the goal is chunked down to an action (a.k.a. is Actionable if we’re thinking about the SMART framework).

Replies

Tibor Szantai
We all want to achieve goals, but it’s a common mistake that most people don’t even know how to start. Forget how you want to be in 5 years because that won’t happen if you don’t take action on today’s challenges.
Nicole Chaplin
This is such a great question. I create my goals based on what fuels me. When it comes to my goals - as I have become older - I also ask myself will others benefit as well from my success. If its all about me (unless its a fitness related goal) I try to go bigger and broader. I define my success by asking myself - did I accomplish what I set out to do? If I did not, I then gage how far was I from reaching it and does it need a longer timeframe to be completed and what steps do I need to take to achieve it.
Kat Lapelosa
Creating the goals feels easy, what is harder is figuring out how to get to the "done" part. I think success is based on the overall impact of the goal and how it feels - even failures can be a success in the sense that you know it doesn't work for you or your goal. I try to map out things as much as possible that are both IN my control, and not in my control.
Janak Patel
I create small tasks as goals daily based upon the priority and have a proper but short description to say when it is called finished (Success). Long-term goals again have a timeline and description. However, I never create goals longer than three months even for that I'm pretty flexible. I feel solidarity with life does not work and I'd like to go as it comes.
Murali Gottumukkala
Great question. This is a process and constantly identifying what, why & how of your goals and then breaking down on the tasks and the time it would take to complete these tasks.