How do you cope with routine work?

Paul Okhotin
16 replies
How do you cope with routine tasks? How do you set yourself up for a long monotonous work? Maybe looking for a way to automate the process to speed up the process? Share your working approach to these types of tasks ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

Tatiana Voronkina
Deadline is the best motivator!
Breaking the task into smaller parts can help make it more manageable and less overwhelming.
Ajay Yadav
I am lucky, I don't have one. everyday doing unknown kind a my thing
Carter Michael
I typically try to get them done first and use music or something if the task doesn't require a lot of attention. A podcast can be a nice change of pace.
Vasily Malyshev
Breaking down into smaller tasks and using music to get the juices going๐Ÿš€
Masha Mitina
I try to automate it or delegate to someone else. If the routine task is inevitable then music helps + understanding why it is important in general
Madeleine Nichols
I try to batch them together so I get as long as possible inbetween, And I try to gamify them - doing my accounts on Xero kinda feels like a pairing up game which helps ๐Ÿ˜‚
Victor Gorovoy
Pomodorro technique + trying not to hurry and be present in the moment while doing stuff. It brings joy to even routine work, such as typing text for example. You just simply enjoy every pressed button on a keyboard.
Victor Gorovoy
@black_moloko actually I have bad one with buttons "jumping out" sometimes. It doesn't matter. The only matter is your perception. ALSO: "Always remember, your focus determines your reality." Qui-Gon to Anakin, Star Wars Episode I
DoฤŸukan Tezcan
When I pair my regular tasks with a regular time slot, they eventually become habits and I don't have to put in extra effort to complete them.
Artyom Balandin
It is always necessary to automate. I love monotonous tasks. I have good perseverance. For distraction, I can go to training on my bike. Only you, the road, the bike and nothing else...
Jyoti Kanabar
I try to delegate it, if i cant, then i break it in between multiple tasks throughout the day and hear some music / podcast while completing it๐Ÿ˜€