How do you communicate effectively at a work place?

Akriti Nayal
6 replies
Straight forward people a lot of times are considered arrogant and rude at a work place. How would you suggest these kind of lads to communicate effectively at work?

Replies

jonnwarne
You can choose the different ways to communicate properly. For more details check https://thepestcontrolcastlerock... and explore out the different ways.
Aaron O'Leary
Well I think being straight forward in work is important, it saves time for everyone but I don't think being straight forward and being empathetic are mutually exclusive. I like to merge my communication with being over communicative to ensure I leave no confusion but also make sure my language and tone are empathetic and approachable so nobody feels they can't approach me if they have any questions
Akriti Nayal
@aaronoleary Very well said. Being straight forward and being empathetic goes hand in hand. Thanks Aaron for your kind suggestion
Nico Spijker
This seems to be connected to the type of communication styles in the workplace (i.e. passive, aggressive, assertive etc.) Assertive is usually the go-to for teams. Define what assertive communication looks like in your company, as well as other styles. When you notice someone in your team is communicating passively, aggressively or passive-aggressively, write down what activity did that and reach out to them 1:1 to discuss the encounter. Highlight what communication/interaction was ineffective, how it made you or the rest of the team feel, and how they could have more assertively/effectively shared their thoughts with you or the team moving forward.