How do you choose the design for your logo for ProductHunt?

Aliaksei Saskevich
4 replies
Before our future launch, I became curious about one question 🤔. I see a lot of products create animated GIFs for their logos and make a selection of descriptive screenshots. How do you choose them, are there any A/B tests behind them? How do they work in the day of the launch? And how do you choose their creative fulfillment?

Replies

andhapp
> I see a lot of products create animated GIFs for their logos and make a selection of descriptive screenshots. I have a simple process to create logos: 1. Find a colour palette. There are quite a few free ones online. I came across https://www.producthunt.com/prod... on ProductHunt recently. 2. Pick a primary colour from the palette that you'd like to use for the logos. 3. Then, go to google fonts and mix and match couple of fonts. 4. I don't create any animated GIFs. For screenshots, I noticed other products on PH had descriptions. I thought it was a good idea as it tells you exactly what you are looking at in the screenshot. I did the same for my last launch.
Carter Michael
Yeah, mine is pretty bad, it was also made pretty quickly in Canva. As I was testing out an MVP, I didn't want to spend too much time on a logo that was pretty small on the importance list compared to other tasks. If it helps, I think a lot more people will be paying attention to what you write about your product and the slides you use to describe it than the logo itself! Hope this helps!
Rafael Gandionco
From a consumer perspective, I am often drawn to products with an attractive logo or icon. This is the first thing to catch a potential users attention and, although it is not the most important factor for product makers, for me at least, it ranks pretty high on the list.
Isaiah Trotter
Lol there's so little thought in it. I will make one in 5 minutes and call it a day. 80/20 rule baby (: