How do you choose MVP scope?

Sveta Bay
16 replies

Replies

Muhammad Ali
When choosing MVP scope, focus on the core problem your product solves. Keep it minimal, solving the essentials first. You can always iterate and expand later.
Mudit
Verify only one hypothesis
Lukasz Misiak
I start with a mix of intuition and understanding of my target audience's key problem for my MVP. As it's released and starts getting used, the approach shifts towards being more data-driven. In my opinion, each iteration should heavily rely on user feedback and usage data, refining the scope of MVP over time😉
Deola Williams
Prefer to tailor the scope to the current features on the mvp, testing as different hypothesis if they address the market’s needs 80-99% atleast
Define the most necessary features and go with that only
Sadam Ali
Consider user feedback and prioritize features based on their impact and value.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
Evaluate if the product brings a single value that you want to valiadate and is usable. Cut off the rest!
Royce Wong
At minimum the ability to solve a problem end to end. We're a little beyond MVP but I believe our app InOrbit - Just launched, meets our scope of facilitating sessions for meetings end to end. Check us out.
lab sadeghi
We define the problem We identify the key value proposition: the core value proposition of your product and the key features that are necessary to demonstrate it Feature Prioritization: Prioritize features that are essential to demonstrate the core value proposition and can be developed and tested with minimal resources. Create a roadmap: We create a roadmap that outlines the MVP development timeline and the features that will be included in each phase. Validate with user feedback: We continuously validate the MVP with user feedback to ensure it meets the needs of our target audience and identify areas for improvement. I must say that the scope of an MVP should focus on the minimum set of features required to demonstrate the core value of the product. It should not be a full-featured product, but rather a basic version that can be used to test the viability of the product idea.
Nick Anisimov
A set of features that will allow you to call your solution as a product, and not just one element.
Eugene Lipski
Depends on what the goal is. Ideally, I think, an MVP should help gather metrics from customer development and also show potential investors that your team is capable of implementing the project.
Oxana
make sure that the scope resolves main user pain or cover key needs
Akula Nagendra
When ever you create your product backlog it is always important to prioritize the Sprint Backlog items. Every Sprint Goal should have a viable output at the end of the Sprint. Which means the features you have prioritized should give some value add to the end user. It should be experienced by the end user. For e.g. You cannot plan Sign in and Sigh out features for a sprint. Even though you are churning out the backlogs they doesnt serve any purpose to the end user when you release at the end of the Sprint. Hence, the feature set you selected should have a meaningful outcome which can be tested and experienced by the end user.
Kunal Mehta
We choose the MVP scope by identifying the core features that solve a specific problem for our target users, while keeping the application simple and functional. This ensures faster development, early user feedback, and allows us to iterate and improve based on real-world usage.