How do you build a community within your company? 👷

Frank Sondors
6 replies
We've decided that the best way to build a community is through Slack. We focus particularly on sales, marketing, and start-up founders, so that's our sweetspot. What about you? Are you building a community?

Replies

John Carmichael
IMHO it is all about creating a space that is inclusive... where people have the autonomy to be the best versions of themselves. To me the tooling is very important, it should not annoy, should be simple to use and ideally be inherently organised... this leaves more mental space for people to interact with the actual task at hand. That being said, there are many tool setups that can all accomplish this... so when choosing the right tool, it is always good to include key personnel from the company to help make these choices (within available parameters)... for example, a digital agency will be a very different setup to recruitment company. You guys choose to use Slack... do you use Google or o365? They come with Teams and Chat (alts to slack but with integration into their systems)
Frank Sondors
Feel free to join: bit.ly/salesforge
Elizabeth Tishchenko
We haven't set it up officially yet, but chosing between Slack and Discord. I believe initial audience will set the course for making this final decision.
Julia Jenkins
Creating spaces for open conversation and promoting team activities works wonders.
Aida Zu
Hey Frank, I can advice you to focus on problem-solving goal for users. It's the real value that will help you to hold the users. You can drive users to join the community, but the real thing is the actual engagement there.