How do you balance work and private life?

Buse Başar
39 replies
I often find it difficult to achieve this balance, I have to include my work in my daily life, as I work more efficiently in the evenings.

Replies

William Biggar
Yeah, I also struggle with finding a balance. However, I can assure you that no one is forcing you to priorities your professional life over anything else; you are free to choose to do so. In my opinion, "the need of the space" may not be as important as "the need of the hour." Satisfaction with one's work ultimately counts, not the time of day that one works.
Satish Kumar Veluri
TBH most of the time the balance goes for a toss. Having said that, one way we can try to keep that balance is to do as per "need of the space you are in" rather than "need of the hour". Somewhere we need to at least try to think that it's not the end of the world and even if it is, whatever we do does it matter?. So just appreciate and enjoy the space you are in. Cheers 👍
Harshavardhan Reddy
Yes I find it difficult too, to achieve the balance, But one thing is for sure no one is forcing to prioritize the work life, its the choice to opt it. For me, it may be "the need of the hour" rather than "the need of the space". At the end what matters is one's satisfaction in what your doing and not when you are doing.
Harshavardhan Reddy
@buse_basar yes you are right and I only mentioned about my perception on it
Jerryton Surya
It is not happening :)
Buse Başar
@jerryton_surya Don't be so pessimistic. Maybe I can give you some advice myself. 1) According to your own routine, it is very important to get up early or go to bed late and be able to complete your work, as there are no things blocking you at this time. 2) It is very nice to take a break between work and other tasks, not to rush around and be alone with yourself Decently.
Tibor Szantai
It's tough to balance work and private life, but an easy way to help yourself is to find something you enjoy. Please don't get too distracted from your work because it will help you concentrate and learn more.
Buse Başar
@tibor_szantai2 Do you mean something enjoy is like a different hobby?
Steven Birchall
It's definitely a struggle, as there is always something that needs to be done. I've tried to balance it by carving out set times for things I consider more important than work (ie. Spending time with the family, doing school pick ups, etc) and ensuring I avoid even looking at my phone during those periods. Far from perfect, but definitely helps and means I don't feel as guilty if work needs me late at night or early in the morning.
Janak Patel
So far I realized if I HAVE to manage the balance between them then there is no way and I shouldn't be doing that work. Once you start doing what you like, both become interchangeable.
Buse Başar
@janak_patel56 how good and sustainable is it that the two can replace each other?
Janak Patel
@buse_basar There is only one thing - quality of life experience whatever you do in private life or work. If you are happy, uncluttered with thoughts, not distracted by any other means then you will have plenty of time in hand, more focused, concentrated, happy. Then everything works, otherwise nothing! Work and private life is all one and that you're performing. If you feel and behave differently at both places then only you have to manage them as a separate entity and then you think about replacement.
Launching soon!
Everyone has their methods for balancing life and work, but there is no universal solution that can work for everyone. So, before choosing any approach, analyze your scenario and then look for a suitable solution to maintain an ideal work-life balance.
Buse Başar
@qudsia_ali Planning is the most effective solution, but unfortunately it is not always easy to comply🤷🏻‍♀️
Anne Boehm
Everyone is unique in this aspect. You have to figure out what works for you. Work is important, and you can't just put it aside for some days to be with your family. You have to run your business and make it successful. Family time is equally important. So you have to adjust your schedule. Try planning your day and then creating a schedule with the highest priorities. Adhere to the schedule as much as possible, to avoid falling behind. It will feel great having these two important areas of your life working smoothly.
Buse Başar
@anne_boehm I agree, but I think the hard part is not being able to finish things on time and hanging on to other allotted time. For example, the time spent with the family.
Anna Jack
Well, it is not possible to balance work and private life. They both become one part of you. After a point, you do not refer to them as work and private life. This is the most difficult part of the job. You need to love the work you do, work hard and do it to the best of your ability. This is the only way to become happy about what you do. You cannot force yourself to love a job you hate. But this is not where the problem stops. You need to spend some time with family and friends. This is equally important to stay healthy and fit.
Andrew C.
wow, that a tough one... i certainly feel the urge to work in the evenings once im back home... but i wait ... until my wife is asleep to do so ...lol
Albert Gao
Easy, no private life before delivering 😂
Chetan Natesh
Setting routines go a long way.
Buse Başar
@chetan_natesh what are your suggestions for spontaneous events?
Chetan Natesh
@buse_basar depends on the situation. 1) If it is a case of a health emergency of someone you know well, it's a no brainer. 2) If it is a more casual situation, you can take liberties. If a break is long overdue you know what to do , just grab the break. Otherwise some hard choices may have to be made. 3) If it is a situation you don't want to avoid, but the routine requires you follow it on that particular day for whatever reason, ask if you can meet another time, but do what it takes to keep your word. If that is not possible, again , time for hard choices.
Eric Bittman
1. Plan ahead to combine work activities with leisure, social, or fitness activities. ... 2. Embrace the way your brain works. ... 3. Set blocks of time for different tasks. ... 4. End work at a certain time
Rich Watson
hard to say, i work mostly but get R&R when needed
Marley Thomas
Plan ahead to combine work activities with leisure, social, or fitness activities...Money Accounts mission is to save people money and help people navigate the complicated world of consumer finance.
Elina R
I try not to mix work and personal life. Otherwise I might burn out
Nancy Nishi
It's tough to balance work and private life, but I can manage all the tough situation.In my opinion time management is very important.