How did you test before your Product Hunt launch?

Daniel Craig
5 replies
I'm a few weeks away from having a product I'm ok with other people having a play with. It's not going to be ready for a PH launch, and I'm expecting there to be a lot of issues I hadn't thought about, some feedback, some bugs, some UX problems etc that I couldn't find alone or with family members. How did you go about getting your first people to test and provide feedback on your product, ahead of its launch?

Replies

Kaizen Order
Haven't launched yet but running a beta among a few trusted members of my network would be my way to go. These members can be a mix of friends working in the desired industry, other folks on Product Hunt, etc.
Richard Gao
I believe there's a product hunt testing website to see how your post would look As for market validation? We built up a discord and then launched first on there before PH
Laodis Menard
As someone who's launched too late on many occasions, we prefer launching argil.ai with an imperfect product (being tester beforehand by a sample of 100 beta testers)
suman saurabh
Before my Product Hunt launch, I made sure to test my product thoroughly to ensure that it was in a decent shape. I am not sure if you are asking about the product or PH launch. Here's how I went about the product one 1. User testing - I invited a small group of individuals to test my product and offer feedback. This helped me identify any bugs or issues before launch and allowed me to make necessary improvements. 2. Beta testing - I also conducted a beta test with a larger group of users. This allowed me to test the scalability of my product and gather valuable insights from a diverse group of individuals. 3. Internal testing - I made sure to have multiple team members test the product from different angles and use cases to ensure that it was functioning properly.
Fabian Maume
If you want to focus on testing your UI: - Post a question here with the topic "roast my landing page", that can give you good feedback. - Make sure that you have a user recording tool on your website like Smartlook Qualitative Analytics before your launch. That will give you valuable insight to iterate on UI.